how long did it take YOU?

Took me 21 years but I finally got my very first warning letter. Parking on the wrong side of the road. How long did it take you,and what for? And before Dudley Do-Rite shows up,I deserved it and am fine with it. I'm sure he's NEVER done that!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thats a new one on me, getting a warning letter for parking on the wrong side of the road. I have a few for minor accidents and a mis-delivery. I filed against the last three and lost.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got one 3 yrs ago, that would have been 23 yrs. It was a dead end street, probably 3 houses, and I missed the house. I turned around in the turn around and drove up to the lady who was standing outside, waiting for me to come back. Yea good catch ya got me.
Kinda like the video.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I often park on the wrong side of the street. It makes the delivery a little bit quicker. If they want me to park on the right side and do more walking.....I say okay.

whiskey

I once got a warning letter for having 150 sheet writing errors for 300 packages. That was cool. I still have all the paper work on that one. Of course, that was pre DIAD. And my center manager soon found a new job going from barn to barn locating fire exits.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Goodness, I had mine within my first 5 years at UPS. Heck, I've been fired in my first 10 years. We have a rule in our building.....you're not a real employee at UPS until you've been fired and got your job back.

DS

Fenderbender
I got a few in the early days.I forget what for now.
One day a few years ago ,I had an optional and reminded my on car( a nice guy) that
one of my pickups had 7 skids going out the next day and they would need a 5 ton.
When I got back 2 days later,I found out it got missed.
I typed up an official looking ups letter of reprimand for him,adding...
"up to and including dismissal"...he got a good laugh out of it,and when I asked,
what are you going to do with that,he said,I will put in in my file.

Not a warning but I did get chastised by a manager recently. Was in a "come to Jesus" meeting with a sup I`m having problems with. The sup was attempting to give me grief and I called him a friend`ing :censored2:. The manager present said that we don`t have to get along but I should respect his position. I apologized and corrected myself by calling him a friend`ing :censored2: supervisor.

TheKid

It took me 21 yrs. I was hit while parked and I got a warning letter for it. It is presently under protest. I told them where they could put their letter.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think I probably had 5 or 6 in my 30. A few I probably deserved ---a few I didn't. The worst one I got was for "dispatching myself" after I had told them I would like to get off in 8 hours on a Friday to attend a concert (Black Oak Arkansas/Ruby Star) in a city 2 hours away. A friend took a bunch of stops off of me but at the time I was on their S... list so they didn't like that. .....................................Pay backs are-------------were hell.

http://youtu.be/GqRR3qLNAYY

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
about five years, I was picking off a feeder going to NY and one night a bunch of misloads were put into it.
Only problem was that I was out sick that night.
Damn super never took my name of his report for that night.
Since then more than I can recall, I too had my own folder file.
Never signed a single one.
And when they sent certified mail to me I always refused it.
Currently I have a job NOBODY else wants so I'm pretty much left alone.

av8torntn

Took me seven years. I was a new vacation cover driver and they gave every driver in the center a warning letter. The offense was that we did not leave the building within ten minutes of the start time never mind the sort did not go down until 10:00. I've never gotten one since but I've always felt after that that they kinda lost the intimidation factor.