How long did you take off for birth of a child

Savvy412

My hub was pretty generous ..

They gave me 2 days .. But that rolled into Saturday and Sunday .

It was peak .. Only been driving for 15 days. So. What was I gonna do !?

And I can't believe people are defending ups.. The company that would try and fire you for hitting a (2) instead of a (1) on a. Diad.. Stupid sheep

family>>>

This country is so backwards. Corporate greed somehow can manipulate workers. Wow

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
And you can express it all you want. But don't get mad if someone knocks you out over it. If some other driver was giving me grief over time I take to spend with my kid after being born, well he might not have any teeth left.

One rule about your "opinions ". If they are about someone's family and choices, beat to keep them to yourself.

why get an assault charge put on ya and all that mess.... give him the bird and be done with it.
and make sure you pre trip cuz you got a loaner PC

542thruNthru

We have one guy Dave would really love. He had his kid in the middle of Dec. He took 4 weeks off. He also made sure to save 2 weeks so he could use them the first 2 weeks of Dec. Our center manager was furious. :)

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I was a casual driver. So no vacations,sick days or rovers for my first 5 kids. Miraculously each kid was born on a weekend. Was back to work each Monday. My in law helped my wife. Back then 12 hr days were the norm. My last kid I finally got a vacation week. There was no fmla back then.

upser4ever

Well I called hrsc and extended my Fmla, I texted my 2 on car sups this morning and said I wouldn't be back for 2 more weeks and I was sorry if it messed up their staffing and they could burn my remaining option days if they wanted. I never even got a response from either of them. Guess they are pissed, oh well. I'm sure I will be running the worst routes possible when I get back, blind I'm sure.

undies

I took 12 weeks. 6 paid by the state, 4 paid by my vacation time and 1 with a mix of fhp/sick days and 1 unpaid week. Best decision I've ever made, if I could have taken more time off, I would have. Spending time with my daughter is priceless and one of my most cherished things in life!

Last edited:

By The Book

I took 12 weeks. 6 paid by the state, 4 paid by my vacation time and 1 with a mix of fhp/sick days and 1 unpaid week. Best decision I've ever made, if I could have taken more time off, I would have. Spending time with my daughter is priceless and one of my most cherished things in life!
Got that right!

DOK

Could never do that back in the day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just read this thread and I'm amazed. I was there to cut the cords on both of my sons and I was there to take my wife and newborns home. So two days for each of them, they are 27 and 29 now. I bonded just fine with both of them, I didn't need or even think about taking a couple of months off. Both sets of grandparents lived nearby and my wife was soon capable of taking care of things herself.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Well I called hrsc and extended my Fmla, I texted my 2 on car sups this morning and said I wouldn't be back for 2 more weeks and I was sorry if it messed up their staffing and they could burn my remaining option days if they wanted. I never even got a response from either of them. Guess they are :censored2:, oh well. I'm sure I will be running the worst routes possible when I get back, blind I'm sure.
image.jpg