How long did you take off for birth of a child

Faceplanted

Back in the 50/60s we also thought duck and cover would work when the Reds attaked us with the h bomb.

Times change, knowledge is gained, and science backs up said knowledge. At the least, lets evolve and not act like cave men. Well... Actually cave men spent lots of time with this "tribe" when not hunting or protecting their territory or tribe.

It appears every country who gives more time of fairs better in just about every aspect of education, teenage pregnancy, and just in general adolescent crime. It easy to link parents being around to those statistics.

You og' that had kids years ago didn't have to deal with raising them in this world of cell phones, Facebook and all these other external things pulling at your child to corrupt them.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What does play daddy mean?being a good father is the most important job a MAN has in life.if more young men would say something to there kids other than "daddy gonna be back the world would be a better place.

You are missing my point.

The kid is born during the first part of the year and the driver suddenly feels the urge to spend "quality time" with the "new"born by taking the month of December off.

Nimnim

The Nim
I've not had any children, still up in the air if I will, but I definitely understand someone taking the maximum time off they can when their child is born, assuming they can afford it.

I do agree with Upstate though about a child being born earlier in the year and burning the rest of FMLA in December. When your child is born you want to be there to bond and help the mother, months later though skipping peak to be with them is just an excuse not to deal with work. Before a year old your child won't know Christmas from another day you're with them.

Spend every moment you can with your new baby, but if they're born in June, I can't see the reasoning to go back to work after a couple weeks just to take December off to "bond" when you can do it sooner.

22.34life

I've not had any children, still up in the air if I will, but I definitely understand someone taking the maximum time off they can when their child is born, assuming they can afford it.

I do agree with Upstate though about a child being born earlier in the year and burning the rest of FMLA in December. When your child is born you want to be there to bond and help the mother, months later though skipping peak to be with them is just an excuse not to deal with work. Before a year old your child won't know Christmas from another day you're with them.

Spend every moment you can with your new baby, but if they're born in June, I can't see the reasoning to go back to work after a couple weeks just to take December off to "bond" when you can do it sooner.
U know I don't get some of u on here all the company does is manipulate the rules the contract to stick it to us,especially package car drivers and here people are complaining about an employee getting over on the company.imo stick it to them every chance u get,if you can manipulate FMLA to benefit you good 4 u more power to em.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I actually like kids after like 2-3 years old.

I don't like babies.

Amen!!
My wife and I discussed briefly adopting a child (we have 2 of our own) but both agreed we wanted him/her to be able to wipe it's own ass. So basically 5 and up would be preferable. That's when they are more interactive and fun.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
U know I don't get some of u on here all the company does is manipulate the rules the contract to stick it to us,especially package car drivers and here people are complaining about an employee getting over on the company.imo stick it to them every chance u get,if you can manipulate FMLA to benefit you good 4 u more power to em.
Maybe because they believe in doing the right thing for the sole reason that it IS the right thing.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Amen!!
My wife and I discussed briefly adopting a child (we have 2 of our own) but both agreed we wanted him/her to be able to wipe it's own ass. So basically 5 and up would be preferable. That's when they are more interactive and fun.
Not to be too picky, but adopted children will also be your own.:peaceful:

Nimnim

The Nim

Maybe because they believe in doing the right thing for the sole reason that it IS the right thing.

On top of that it's usually not UPS that they really stick it to but their union brothers and sisters who have to deal with either no replacement or a subpar replacement because someone decided to manipulate the system to benefit them.