How long does a transfer take?

Jondlc

For full time driver.

I put my name on a transfer sheet for Elmsford NY around mid June but the list is still up there. Back in June I was told by a couple of drivers that it might happen very soon but peak is just around the corner and I just dont see that happening during peak.

I was wondering how long it usually takes.

CoolStoryBro

It takes about 6 months. HR has to do a new background check on you then audit the new operation to determine if they actually need a new driver and also if an off thr street hire is due. They also have to count 22.3 positions and make sure their are still 10,000 company wide They drag their feet. Transfers are low priority. Once your transfer is approved you will recieve certified mail telling you to report to your new center the following monday. Friday the division manager will host a transfer party in leiu of PCM. The regional vp of safety give you a high five and ride with you on your final day at the current center. He does this to make sure tou dont act rude to customers you dislike and also to write a safety report for your records. This is to make sure you keep the standard at the new center and dont become a low seniority slacker.

Cool story bro

rocket man

For full time driver.

I put my name on a transfer sheet for Elmsford NY around mid June but the list is still up there. Back in June I was told by a couple of drivers that it might happen very soon but peak is just around the corner and I just dont see that happening during peak.

A transfer usually takes about 30 years in 2 days

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
For full time driver.

Sometimes, drivers drop like flies and things open up fast. Sometimes not so much?