How long does it take to hear about interview job?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Swngdrvr, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Swngdrvr

Swngdrvr Member

I've been on workers comp for over 2 years now. Finally got released from my doctor in April, but with restrictions that keep me from going back on the road. I applied for a position in dispatch and turned in the supplemental application last Friday. It was due by 5pm Monday. I have yet to hear anything, not sure if I should be worried. How long does it usually take to hear something? I was told I had priority for the position since I'm displaced and it's a lateral move from swing driver.

Only asking because it seems like they would want the position filled quickly, and it's been a few weeks since the posting closed already. Thanks for the help.

2. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

They first have to make sure that no Managing Directors children, or other relatives, or the Senior Manager's drinking buddies nephew, or the interviewing manager latest 'hot' interest, isn't overlooked in the process. Once that field is eliminated, then you will be vetted to make sure your personality fits within the 'environment' of dispatch.

Piece of cake.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Dispatch is over-rated.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Make perfect sense. Most of our current dispatches are disabled as well...mentally disabled.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

should take 2 hours

6. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

ill hold you when your hurting

7. Swngdrvr

Swngdrvr Member

Not my first choice. But it looks like all I can do is dispatch or management, and haven't done the requirements to be a manager.

8. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Nothing moves quickly at FedEx except the packages and a firing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Cactus

Stay away from management. Fred wants puppets not managers.

10. Oldfart

Oldfart Well-Known Member

Terminations don't happen fast enough in some cases.

11. Yankeefan

Yankeefan Member

I applied for a ramp agent 5/18 asked for packet by 06/01 interviewed 06/15 received offer 07/09.

12. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

True, you've been around 40 years and they still haven't finished the paperwork.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Cactus

The newest termination form at OF’s station is from 1982.

14. nolongerpurple

nolongerpurple New Member

there is still a panel interview, you are not ahead of anyone just because of workers comp. displacement etc. if you could still drive you would have first pick of anything you wanted. hope you filled out the supplemental completely as it is scored. if you don't have enough points you wont get a interview. that being said you should hear something soon unless the hiring manager is on vacation or something....good luck

15. Swngdrvr

Swngdrvr Member

Just wanted to clarify this. I found out that policy states displaced individuals, as long as they are making a lateral move or below, are guaranteed an interview and are guaranteed an offer as long as they pass the interview. I got my offer a few days ago.