How long does it take to learn how to use a Diad?

Kevin222

I am a part timer considering package. I dont know anything about package except for what I see at work and kind of stumble on. I will make it my business to get to know drivers so that maybe someone can give me the inside of how things work. My question today is how hard is it to learn to use a Diad or Diad Board, whatever its called? How long does it take to learn?

Marne Vet

How long did it take you to learn how to use the keyboard on your PC to type this question? Now divide that by 2, and that's your answer. In simple terms, it's easy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am usually able to get new helpers up to speed on the basics of the DIAD within the first hour they are on the car. It takes a couple of days to learn more of the less-often used features. You should be fully up to speed on all of the functions of the DIAD within a week.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am a part timer considering package. I dont know anything about package except for what I see at work and kind of stumble on. I will make it my business to get to know drivers so that maybe someone can give me the inside of how things work. My question today is how hard is it to learn to use a Diad or Diad Board, whatever its called? How long does it take to learn?
I am usually able to get new helpers up to speed on the basics of the DIAD within the first hour they are on the car. It takes a couple of days to learn more of the less-often used features. You should be fully up to speed on all of the functions of the DIAD within a week.

Go be Dave's helper for a week, and you'll be an expert.

Pooter

Very easy after a few repetitive motions and if you ever get "stuck" just push all the buttons till something works. Plus you can reduce stress by smacking the diad on the console. :D

oldngray

nowhere special
You could learn to use a DIAD in less than a day but to get fast at it and be able to quickly punch buttons without thinking takes a lot longer with a lot of repetition.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If your stuck in the 80s like some of the the old knuckleheads who work here that don't know how to use a computer, or a smart phone, id worry. If you know how to use a computer real good or a smart phone youll be fine. COMPRENDE ESE? LOL

UPSGUY72

It isn't that hard unless your the kind of person that keeps doing the same thing over and over getting the wrong results and wonder why.

All in all it's nothing to worry about you'll get a handle on it pretty quick and after a while you'll be do thing automatically with out really thinking about it......