How long have u worked at UPS and how many years do u have left until retirement?

brownboyups

i have worked at UPS since december of 1989...i work in upstate NY...belong to local 182
started as a xmas helper for $6.50...now make $32.72
i can not retire until i turn 55 years old
born on 5-18-1966...i will have 32 years with the company in 8 years and 2 months
8 years 2 months left with UPS...two more contracts
have been with UPS for 24 years...driving for 17 years

hard work...a lot of bull crap but has provided me with a lifestyle i couldn't of gotten anywhere else

feel free to add to the thread

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'll be eligible to retire in 6 years,but I'm planning to retire in 12 years. The reason why is that I get 6 weeks vaykay plus 1 option week,Major Holidays paid, the job keeps me in excellent shape, with the kids being grown it's MY money now and the freedom to work alot of overtime keep me debt free with nice toys,travel and a healthy 401k and Stock Portfolio.
Plus.................and I know alot of you will gasp and shudder at this ..........I LIKE the job! I play Santa Claus everyday,get to pet everyone's dogs, am challenged daily,and come into contact with a lot of great people. The Day-to -Day boosheet from management can be irritating but it takes up less than 5 minutes of my day,so it's easy to shrug off.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm eligible in 2 years, 3 months. Whether I stay and for how long depends on how this feeder gig turns out, I'm hoping it turns out good because economically it makes sense to stick around if I can stand it.

balland chain

I started oct 26, 1988 and would like to retire this year with 25 full time years of service. This contract has me scared to death. Down here we have the screwed up central states plan that is in deep doo doo. Unless UPS can guarantee my pension if central states goes under I may be stuck at the hell hole for 5 more years. Kinda sucks.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Started in 88. As a casual. Seniority in 98. 24 1/2 yrs now. Leaving at 30 no matter what. Leaving Ny before the ink is dry. Local 294

pretender

Started part-time in 1973, became a package car driver four years later, went into feeders six years after that. In feeders for 29 years, and retired last December.

ozlander

ozlander
started in Christmas 81 unloading on HUB,worked for 11 yrs part time, have been driving ever since. Retirement?? a nice thing to think about, but who knows what this economy will do and UPS and new contract. I will be 52 this year and many of the drivers are looking at 57 and getting out, that would be nice....If UPS doesn't kill me first and or my body gives out first. I will try to make it as long as I can, but UPS would love to get rid of many of the older drivers if at all possible.

ozlander

ozlander
enjoy your retirement OLDTIMER...you earned it!!!!!

I thought i was posting under his comments..oopsss...been awhile since ive been here!!

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Started in 1976 .
Have close to 32 yrs pension credit and I'm over the min. age of 57 . { Local 25 }
Technically I could leave today, but after all the years of getting grief I have decided to hang around a little bit longer . Call it payback .
Thinking of leaving around age 64 or sooner if the body demands it .