How long have you been fired

R1wonder

Thankfully, I’m not the one that needs help, but my building has an out of control manager. He has well over 50 grievances on him, he is firing drivers left and right and these guys have been out for a long time. With supplemental negotiating going on, everybody’s getting a run around because the Union is busy and the labor bosses are busy. . Any advice to give these guys ? Is there someone higher to call. Or are they just :censored2: out of luck . Contract states they have 15 days to make a decision, we have guys going on over a month.

Attachments

• IMG_6220.png
    IMG_6220.png
    912.4 KB · Views: 58

rod

Retired 22 years
At our retired drivers breakfast a couple days ago somehow the subject of being fired came up. Everyone of the guys ( there were 8 of us there) had been fired at LEAST once with the record of 4 times held by my brother-in-law. We had a Union Steward who was fired 5 times.

R1wonder

I think you're reading it wrong. Though I would need to know what supp this is so I can read the rest, like article 46
This is our master , says ten days to appeal , and 15 to make a decision. Our labor people are just dodging the union, guys have been out for a month . :censored2: is ridiculous.

542thruNthru

This is our master , says ten days to appeal , and 15 to make a decision. Our labor people are just dodging the union, guys have been out for a month . :censored2: is ridiculous.
Whoa settle down. What "master"? Because I can guarantee you that, that language is not in the National Master Agreement.

Are you LU 705 or LU 710?

542thruNthru

R1wonder

Um.. I'm trying to help but you're clueless on how your contract works and taking it out on us. I mean seriously. You can't even count the articles in the NMA. NMA only goes to Article 45. So you must be reading this off something else since you're posting article 58!
No I’m not clueless . I’m wondering if this has happened anywhere, and if anyone has went above their local BA to get things done . Again, I’m not the one out of work. I’m trying to help brothers out : more than this site does clearly

542thruNthru

No I’m not clueless . I’m wondering if this has happened anywhere, and if anyone has went above their local BA to get things done . Again, I’m not the one out of work. I’m trying to help brothers out : more than this site does clearly
Well there are many many supplements and riders and all of them handle discharges differently. So now that we have your supp maybe we can help.

Plus you know what. You can take your "more than this site does clearly" and shove it up your ignorant ass. Try being patient instead of a demanding half wit and you'll learn something.

542thruNthru

Thankfully, I’m not the one that needs help, but my building has an out of control manager. He has well over 50 grievances on him, he is firing drivers left and right and these guys have been out for a long time. With supplemental negotiating going on, everybody’s getting a run around because the Union is busy and the labor bosses are busy. . Any advice to give these guys ? Is there someone higher to call. Or are they just :censored2: out of luck . Contract states they have 15 days to make a decision, we have guys going on over a month.
Ok, so they have 15 days to come to a resolution/decision or it goes to panel. Which is discussed in Article 46.
Screenshot_20230405_194626_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Now as you can see panels handle discharges and suspensions
Screenshot_20230405_194908_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Now without having the rules and procedures can can not tell you how often they meet or if postponement is allowed.

For instance my area panels meet 1 week a month every month. So depending when the termination happens and how quickly they can meet. You could miss panel that month. Then in my area the company and the union both have 1 postponement. So you could easily be sitting for 2 months before going to panel. Then much longer if deadlocked and sent to arbitration.

Now with that said if people are waiting 3 or 4 months without going to panel then your local should be filing labor charges. I doubt the company is not having panels though. Local unions would refuse to show up to negotiations if discharges were not being heard because it would jeopardize their elected positions.