How long have you seen someone worked before they make book?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Besides casuals. Some guys in my center have been working here for around 9 months, and haven't made book! What if they make a year but haven't made book, are they entitled to benefits?

J

jibbs

I don't understand how this is possible if IBT has a presence in your hub/center.

I honestly don't know, though... It seems pretty across-the-board at my center that once you've got 30 working days in you're handed the paperwork to join the union.

[EDIT: Actually, I take that back. I, personally, wasn't given/told about the paperwork I had to fill out until I was about 3months in, and even then the dues and whatnot didn't start coming out of my checks for another several months. My seniority date, however, reflects my 31st day of work with UPS.]

Inthegame

Besides casuals. Some guys in my center have been working here for around 9 months, and haven't made book! What if they make a year but haven't made book, are they entitled to benefits?
Depends on your supplement. Many places are 30 in a 90 day period excluding the "free periods" of the summer and Nov 1 -Dec 31 (which will move to Friday of the 2nd week of January). Others are 40 in 70. Check your book. Answers on BC tend to be more general.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You?

I've seen guys worked up to their 29th day and laid off until their 90 starts over again for well over a year.

BigBrown609

I hadn't heard anything about it either until I read this thread lol. I mentioned in case someone here knew something I didn't and might fill me in on it lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

scisector9

Union paperwork would depend on if you are in a right to work state or not. I'm in a right to work state and here you don't have to join the union. If you have the choice join.

For all the complaining you hear about the IBT and this current contract without the Union we would all be getting much less. See also fed ex or ups management and their health care shenanigans.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

J

jibbs

I hadn't heard anything about it either until I read this thread lol. I mentioned in case someone here knew something I didn't and might fill me in on it lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

As far as I know, it was a little slip of paper that asked for some basic information. Had IBT all over it and I was told I needed to fill it out and turn it in to join the union... I guess it's possible I was lied to and it was for some other reason, I just can't imagine what.

And it wasn't like tons of paperwork. Just a single piece of paper, if I recall correctly.