How long should this take?

Magnus

I went in for my interview/ tour last Thursday… it’s now Wednesday and no phone call for Orientation (they didn't set any base ETA of when to expect this call either). At this point, I'm thinking they're either 1. Dragging their feet. 2. Already picked and chose whose in and whose out. Or, 3. They just forgot about me (wouldn't be the first time).

I know for a fact that for Seasonals, the period of time between the Interview/tour is 1 week, and then Orientation falls on the same day as the previous week of the interview/tour (for those who didn't get cut). Does this process take longer for “permanent” Handlers than Seasonal hires, or what? And what should I do – wait it out, or try like hell to get in touch with somebody?

I have already tried calling the two centers I know of to see if I could get a hold of Derek, our HR rep, but nobody seems to know what’s going on or how to reach him – or any management who might know what’s going on with this, for that matter.

And I really, honestly can't think of any reason why they wouldn't hire me back for an insider position. I have a record cleaner than a preacher's sheets, no accidents (vehicular or otherwise), I was never late, and received their highest rating both Peaks, management (even the higher-up management) liked me and wanted to see me back, and just about every Driver wanted me as their Helper. Although, this is at another center...

I’ve just been waiting for this moment for two years now, after putting in for two consecutive Peaks, so I’m sure you can understand my anxiety here. I really want, and need this job.

Just looking for some opinions on my odds.

Thanks.

Magnus

Oh I know... none of my phones have left my side all week.

I guess if I don't hear anything by tomorrow's end, I'll just go ahead and start calling the center a few times a day until I get a hold of somebody who knows what's going on. Hate to be a pest, but... you gotta do what you gotta do.

Magnus

Well, I'm trying to be a pain in the ass... but that's pretty difficult when you can NEVER get anybody on the phone, least of all HR.

I did get in contact with one of my managers from the last two Peaks, who actually likes me, and he's told me that he's talked with this hiring guy, but I haven't heard anything else. I've tried calling both centers that I know of, and nobody knows anything or what's going on and they won't transfer the call over to the center manager (who I know would definitely know about the job status).

I don't know what the next step is, besides physically going down there and trying to talk to somebody face-to-face where thy can't dodge you, but I'm thinking after almost two weeks they've already picked, trained and hired who they want and are just going to leave the rest on tender hooks until they figure it out for themselves. :dissapointed:

Should I just give it up, or go down there and really put the pressure on?

Raw

Raw Member
I went in for my interview/ tour last Thursday… it’s now Wednesday and no phone call for Orientation (they didn't set any base ETA of when to expect this call either). At this point, I'm thinking they're either 1. Dragging their feet. 2. Already picked and chose whose in and whose out. Or, 3. They just forgot about me (wouldn't be the first time).

I know for a fact that for Seasonals, the period of time between the Interview/tour is 1 week, and then Orientation falls on the same day as the previous week of the interview/tour (for those who didn't get cut). Does this process take longer for “permanent” Handlers than Seasonal hires, or what? And what should I do – wait it out, or try like hell to get in touch with somebody?

I have already tried calling the two centers I know of to see if I could get a hold of Derek, our HR rep, but nobody seems to know what’s going on or how to reach him – or any management who might know what’s going on with this, for that matter.

And I really, honestly can't think of any reason why they wouldn't hire me back for an insider position. I have a record cleaner than a preacher's sheets, no accidents (vehicular or otherwise), I was never late, and received their highest rating both Peaks, management (even the higher-up management) liked me and wanted to see me back, and just about every Driver wanted me as their Helper. Although, this is at another center...

I’ve just been waiting for this moment for two years now, after putting in for two consecutive Peaks, so I’m sure you can understand my anxiety here. I really want, and need this job.

Just looking for some opinions on my odds.

Thanks.
Your not going to get hired, I sent them your last thread on the subject!:happy2: