How many accidents can you have to become a driver?

U

uber

How many accidents can you have in a year to still be eligible to be a driver in the Western Region? Or is it the same in every region?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you talking about in your personal vehicle? You have to have a clean driving record for 3 years---this means no moving violations. Accidents do not factor in unless you are cited for a moving violation.

U

uber

Are you talking about in your personal vehicle? You have to have a clean driving record for 3 years---this means no moving violations. Accidents do not factor in unless you are cited for a moving violation.

Clean record for 3 years? Thats not the case out here in the West. I know for a fact thats not the case.

U

uber

Its late, I'm tired. Actually I meant moving violations, not accidents.

I know you don't have to have a clean record for 3 years to get a driving position out here in the West.

U

uber

1 speeding ticket eliminates you from driving for UPS for 3 years? I call BS on that one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Clean record for 3 years? Thats not the case out here in the West. I know for a fact thats not the case.

Our center manager posted a bid for a FT cover driver. The most senior casual signed it and was initially awarded the bid but has since lost the bid when it was learned that his driving record was not clean for 3 years (it was 2 years, 8 months since his last violation) so the bid was given to the next senior casual.

U

uber

I'm hearing so much different stuff. I've heard no more than 3 in a year period. I've heard no more than 3 in a five year period. Now I'm hearing you can't even have 1?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Can't find anything about it in the contract.
Talk to you Steward or Business Agent. You are far better off getting the information you need from someone that is close to you. We already know that every region, even every center has different practices. This is going to boil down to past practices.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
.[/QUOTE]

Really?

.......then how come every pkg car I see is going "balls to the wall"?[/QUOTE].

Not mine you don't.

OptimusPrime

Really?

.......then how come every pkg car I see is going "balls to the wall"?

A lot of that is appearance and the sound of the vehicle. I have had people yell at me in a residential when I was doing exactly the speed limit. The big truck and the noise seem to make people immediately jump to conclusions.

As to driving record, I got dinged for an illegal turn, and it was no problem. It actually happened a few days before my interview. She was asking me about violations, so I told her, and told her I had the ticket in my car. She looked at it, I explained the situation, and that was the last I heard of it.

For those that care, I was making a right hand turn at an intersection with a turn lane. Instead of hugging the curb and proceeding into the out lane, I swung it into the interior lane. While it was true to the letter of the law, the ticket was still bogus imo. A cop would sit just right down the street, and bust people all day for that specific violation. Quota filling I assume.