how many drivers ever were told sheet packages ni1,nr1,or res to not have missed?

I was just wondering. How many drivers out there were ever told to sheet packages wrong(ni1,nr1,or res instead of comm to advoid having late air or missed? Basically did a supervisor ever tell you to sheet something wrong to not show up on a report?

BrownShark

Banned
ALL THE TIME!

In fact, the latest trend in our district is to record the packages as NR1

or NOT READY 1.

Anything to avoid the reality of bad management.

Peace:peaceful:

Overpaid Union Thug

Here they want us to give the package to the ECS clerk without sheeting it. Some drivers do it and write misload or missed in the service cross. For me the only option is to sheet as missed. CYA!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Happens all the time, latest rrend is future, sups also tell new drivers to sheet up nda early as dr to avoid late air, yet if they are caught they lose their job, it's happened onece (got his job back)

PS don't tell pretzel-man according to him this just doesn't happen. It might be a big surprise to some other well worn wiser posters here who don't believe it too.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've seen it all around here, everything from "don't sheet those packages, just bring them to the office", to "sheet them as NR1", to "sheet them up as future delivery and give them to the clerk" (that's the latest one). But let a driver get caught not sheeting packages or mis-sheeting packages and they want to walk him/her to the gate, lecturing the whole way about how important our integrity is to our valued customers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Back in the 90's during peak I would frequently bring back 200-300 stops a night. My manager would meet me on the belt...at 10:30 at night...and have me simply unload them all without sheeting any of them as missed. That was typical for the "abortion" cars that were dispatched at the time.

browned_out

:surprised: If we have a misload that we cannot deliver, were told to bring it to the office without sheeting it. I'm not sure what they put in the tracking info but I'm sure they cover there :censored2:... Also if we find a damaged pkg on our truck they also don't want us to sheet it, told to give to PM clerk, something about charging the bldg where the load originated from. (As if they really know when it was damaged).

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
happened to me friday evening. i was instructed to come back to bldng at around 16:00 because I had worked preload and then drove. i missed four stops and when i got back in bldng, i sheeted them up as "missed". supervisor told me not to sheet them up as missed and i told him i already did. he then had me edit them and void them out.

soberups

happened to me friday evening. i was instructed to come back to bldng at around 16:00 because I had worked preload and then drove. i missed four stops and when i got back in bldng, i sheeted them up as "missed". supervisor told me not to sheet them up as missed and i told him i already did. he then had me edit them and void them out.
You were just instructed to commit a terminable offense....falsification of delivery records. I would suggest that, if so instructed in the future, you get a shop steward to witness what you are being told. If your sup wants the records changed, tell him he can do it himself next time.

You were just instructed to commit a terminable offense....falsification of delivery records. I would suggest that, if so instructed in the future, you get a shop steward to witness what you are being told. If your sup wants the records changed, tell him he can do it himself next time.

You don't know that...Maybe the stops were delivered by another driver, or a supervisor. It was only 1600. Don't sheet a pkg as missed if it will be delivered later. When I help someone and they already sheeted something as missed, I tell them to void it.

upsdude

You don't know that...Maybe the stops were delivered by another driver, or a supervisor. It was only 1600. Don't sheet a pkg as missed if it will be delivered later. When I help someone and they already sheeted something as missed, I tell them to void it.

That's what I was thinking. Also, once you edit a stop in the DIAD a paper trail has been created. I'll bet the stops were delivered later.

Braveheart

Never do it unless you can get them to send you a diad message to cover your ass.

Then make a copy of it and get it to loss prevention and corporate. We had a guy lose his bonus and another almost fired for it.

They take our jobs for dishonesty and falsifying records yet it is OK when they want to do it. That is BS!!!!

I never due it to help those know it alls.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
i called the center about an later and spoke with the supervisor who told me to do the "editing." supervisor told me i won't be getting in trouble and "I'm all square."

Braveheart

Send that info to corp asap.

Braveheart

i called the center about an later and spoke with the supervisor who told me to do the "editing." supervisor told me i won't be getting in trouble and "I'm all square."
It is not an edit. It is falsifying records so he will not have any misses on his reports.

If you had a bad day and were running behind and decided what the hey I'll sheet these couple as ni1 or nr1 you would surely be fired. I have seen drivers wlked to the gate. Most got there job back, but with no backpay. Two months out of work with no pay is not fun.

cajunboy

We had an air driver who was out in the stix and the manager asked in to sheet up the packages before he got there. Unfortunately all of mgmt. was not on the same page because there was another :censored2: sup following him and reported him. Subsequently he got fired and exposed everyone for the crooks they were. The funny part was that the oms who sent him the message wrote the letter to the div. manager telling the division manager that the center manager ordered it. I like when one of thier own exposes all of the BS. LOL
cajunboy

soberups

But if Loss Prevention decided to do an audit and discovered those edited packages, would that same supervisor put his job on the line and accept responsibility for that decision? You are only "all square" as long as nobody above your sup finds out about what happened.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
But if Loss Prevention decided to do an audit and discovered those edited packages, would that same supervisor put his job on the line and accept responsibility for that decision? You are only "all square" as long as nobody above your sup finds out about what happened.

hopefully i won't be posting my story on here about how i got fired at UPS next week then.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
hopefully i won't be posting my story on here about how i got fired at UPS next week then.
46+2, always CYA. If you are suspicious of a direction given by a sup then there is probably a good reason for it. Get a witness. Trust your instincts. You know what the delivery methods are. If a sup is being legit in telling you to do something then that sup won't have any problem repeating the direction to a steward or any other witness. If the sup refuses to repeat it then you know something is wrong.