how many drivers in progression vote yes just for the pay bump

JJ85

Im in my secound year of progression. I know alot of drivers like me in progression liked the raises the new contract offered to progression drivers. I looked at more then that, I hated the idea of the 22.4 and no more 8 hour Guarantee. Im young and want the work and overtime now. I vote no, im the future like other progression drivers if we dont stand now there be no foundation to stand on later.

Cementups

Box Monkey
At least you were smart enough to Get The Big Picture (not just a seeing habit) and not be awed by what was flashed in front of you for today.

Box Ox

I know alot of drivers like me in progression liked the raises the new contract offered to progression drivers.

Thing is, now that UPS has broken the Union over the 2018 contract (in a great economic environment), the Company will be expecting its pound of Union concession flesh during every future contract negotiation until the Union is no more. It's tasted blood and it won't stop.

Even if RPCDs think things look pretty good for them this contract, the Company will most certainly be back for a lot more. And no one will be spared. Because the Company has captured national Teamster leadership and runs this :censored2: now.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thing is, now that UPS has broken the Union over the 2018 contract (in a great economic environment), the Company will be expecting its pound of Union concession flesh during every future contract negotiation until the Union is no more. It's tasted blood and it won't stop.

Even if RPCDs think things look pretty good for them this contract, the Company will most certainly be back for a lot more. And no one will be spared. Because the Company has captured national Teamster leadership and runs this :censored2: now.

Hopefully people will remember this when we vote on new leadership, both locally and nationally

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hopefully people will remember this when we vote on new leadership, both locally and nationally
CB1FED6F-8486-4B9B-9B45-70FB21284F73.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

597F548A-7B3A-43DC-AF48-37DB9B6295F7.gif

Leon

Anonymously quircky

I don't believe this. Each contract has opportunity for benefits. If a contract is bad enough we vote it down. This was tightly divided. I voted yes

Mooseknuckle

I have to say, I've read a lot of your posts/replies and think you're one of the more observant people on this forum. Sometimes I feel like Either some of these other people are working in centers that are far better than mine or they just want to ignore what they're seeing because it makes them unhappy.
I had a similar conversation with one of the few people I've met that voted yes. He said "You do know that this company can't keep up paying us what they are right? At some point it's got to stop." To which I replied "You do understand that when they start cutting pay they won't know when to stop right?" He agreed.

Heavy Package

I had a similar conversation with one of the few people I've met that voted yes. He said "You do know that this company can't keep up paying us what they are right? At some point it's got to stop." To which I replied "You do understand that when they start cutting pay they won't know when to stop right?" He agreed.

Good point, Moose. I voted no. I told my wife that UPS says that at the end of the new contract the total hourly compensation for FT drivers is just over $73 / hr. She went ballistic on how much pay and benefits we get for doing this job. Even if PT benefits are 50% of FT compensation, they will, according to UPS, be at over $32 / hr.

My point is this - Next contract they will be going after the benefits big time. It will be the easiest way for UPS to save money.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I have to say, I've read a lot of your posts/replies and think you're one of the more observant people on this forum. Sometimes I feel like Either some of these other people are working in centers that are far better than mine or they just want to ignore what they're seeing because it makes them unhappy.

Ya running scratch is a prime example on how they want to pay you less and crunch it out more. I had a SUP at pcm say that at the hub he went to last week for two days, that they are starving those who are planned for a 9.5 day and arent making it back to the building when expected.