How many hours a week do UPSers work during Christmas season

MajorArmedMan

Just wandering, as a part time package handler how many hours on average do you guys work during Christmas season on average?. Or how many a day? I started 9 weeks ago, and am just curious?.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just wandering, as a part time package handler how many hours on average do you guys work during Christmas season on average?. Or how many a day? I started 9 weeks ago, and am just curious?.
Average....between 42 and 50 a week on preload....50 hours would include working Saturday sorts.

That's 25 hours straight time and 25 OT. :)

ManInBrown

Last year and the year before were cake.. Don't think I worked past 8:15 more then once or twice. So about 46-48 hours

Three years ago was bad. 55-57 per week. That's as far back as I can remember specifics

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Depends on what shift you are on, and what you would "extend" to for extra hours. IF you extended to another shift.

I would guess that if you are a "good" employee, subjective, you could get at least 8 hours a day. HOWEVER if you don't want OT, you could skate by with 25 hours a week

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If there is any major storms anywhere in the US during PEAK , it will screw up the whole schedule.
Be prepared to show up for work, work until you drop, hopefully get a few hours of sleep , shower ,eat and repeat daily until a few weeks into the new year.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

It's not Christmas season; it's freakin' peak.
Christmas season is a term that civilians use.

Christmas is God's love coming into the world, in the form of a Holy child.

Peak is about this company making every damn dime that they possibly can delivering more and more meaningless crap to people who are trying to fill some bottomless void in their lives with stuff.