How many hours would a day have to be for a UPS driver to have a normal life?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just a scenario really or a poll of opinions. Its pretty much a given really that as soon as we wake up in the morning and our feet hit the floor are day is over for ourselves. How many hours would a day have to consist of, for us to still work 10 hours( approximately) and still have time to have a normal life, like getting enough sleep, work, play, relax at home time and time with family that may be needed? Just a different fun question for a sunday afternoon lol.

andrsnbkj

Most of us are out of the house at least 13 14 hours a day by the time you get home you would be lucky enough to get at least 6 hours of sleep we all live a no life working at ups

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Most of us are out of the house at least 13 14 hours a day by the time you get home you would be lucky enough to get at least 6 hours of sleep we all live a no life working at ups
Agreed, thats why i posted the question, kind of an interesting scenario question lol.

image.jpg

Just a scenario really or a poll of opinions. Its pretty much a given really that as soon as we wake up in the morning and our feet hit the floor are day is over for ourselves. How many hours would a day have to consist of, for us to still work 10 hours( approximately) and still have time to have a normal life, like getting enough sleep, work, play, relax at home time and time with family that may be needed? Just a different fun question for a sunday afternoon lol.
I'd say about 28 hours would make it good for me.

FTBrown

I say I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. I saw a good salary and benefits and an excellent retirement. Now I see a good salary, decent benefits and a dwindling retirement because my local can't manage a pension fund. It could be worse though.

rod

Retired 22 years
You could be a Schwan's delivery person. When they put help wanted ads in the paper they always say " must be willing to work a minimum of 70 hours a week.

calcio56

You could be a Schwan's delivery person. When they put help wanted ads in the paper they always say " must be willing to work a minimum of 70 hours a week.

We could be a lot of things.

But we aren't.

In the dream land we are playing in, I figured:
10 hrs working
2 hrs commute
8 hrs sleep
the rest free time....now if we could only convince the sun to stay out longer...

Rainman

Its all good.
I normally get home 8:30 ish at night. If I could be home 5:30 ish I could have a pretty normal life. So I figure 27/28 hours would be a big help.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Ya know Jump, I have often thought about this same question and for my opinion only, I would have to have a 48 hour day so that way the clocks and daylight would reset itself.

12 hrs work (4 day workweek)
12 hrs to sleep, eat, shower, drive, and whatever else that falls under life tasks.
14-16 hours to do the things you like (hobbies, chores, fun)
8-10 hours of sleep.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
28-30. The problem for me is I have way too many hobbies that I enjoy. If I had a "normal" job these are the things I would do a lot more of.

Fishing
Hunting
Bowling
Darts
Working on vehicles
Woodworking
Metal fab
Golf
Playing the guitar
attend more sporting events
Coach kids sports