How Many Late Airs did you have Sat. before mothers day?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Was asked to work yesterday, day before mothers day.

Came in firgured I would get 4 hours of OT. LOL

Was sent out with 77 stops had 34 late airs and worked almost 7 hours.

Now I know UPS mgmt. is much smarter then I am, since I would have brought in more drivers.

But with all the computers that tell them how much is coming how does a building have over 150 late airs on mothers day. I mean UPS is aware that mothers day is coming, right?

I am really starting to wonder if UPS wants customers to ship with FEDEX, or is FEDEX just as bad at this? I am so sick about hearing about SORPH and no one seeming to care at all about customer serivce.

Hope all the mom's out there have a great day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Was asked to work yesterday, day before mothers day.

Came in firgured I would get 4 hours of OT. LOL

Was sent out with 77 stops had 34 late airs and worked almost 7 hours.

Now I know UPS mgmt. is much smarter then I am, since I would have brought in more drivers.

But with all the computers that tell them how much is coming how does a building have over 150 late airs on mothers day. I mean UPS is aware that mothers day is coming, right?

I am really starting to wonder if UPS wants customers to ship with FEDEX, or is FEDEX just as bad at this? I am so sick about hearing about SORPH and no one seeming to care at all about customer serivce.

Hope all the mom's out there have a great day.

We in the same building? lol

I was sent out with almost 60 stops but 28 were time committed. Delivered 12, at 12:45 Had to give away half of what was left, still had one late. However other drivers were worse off and did not get help.

It was not a very efficient day...covering an area that 15 routes normally cover and not having time to del flowers with the 1;30 commits. I worked 7 hours on the dot.

It is a setup-to-fail type holiday, by design.

ups2000

I got a call at 830 on sat by on car sup. Told me they need help b/c they are slammed. Not surprised we dont plan accordindly here either. To bad i had plans already would have been some easy money.

BrownArmy

I didn't have any late air, but worked for 5.25 hours, drove 70 miles through three towns, for a whopping 35 stops.

For a company that prides themselves on technology, efficiency, and organization, why are days like this such a s#$tshow?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One of our drivers claims he clocked out at 9:30. All our cover drivers were told to come in, although I know not all of them did. It was a disaster last year in my Center too, as I remember.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Self-inflicted service failures; yet another example of the institutionalized stupidity that permeates our company. Wishful thinking and denial are not dispatch tools.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I didn't have any late air, but worked for 5.25 hours, drove 70 miles through three towns, for a whopping 35 stops.

For a company that prides themselves on technology, efficiency, and organization, why are days like this such a s#$tshow?

It is much harder to plan for reduced levels of dispatch from a regular Mon-Fri dispatch or a normal Saturday dispatch.
Glad I don't have to figure it out.
The customer pays a premium for Saturday delivery and this helps offset the inefficiencies on a day like yesterday.
Thanks to everybody that made yesterday come off!