How Many Late Airs did you have Sat. before mothers day?

Converge

I went out with 50 stops, and 23 commits covering 2 towns. had 3 lates. We didn't leave our building until around 10:45. Worked a ten hour day though :D(started at 7:30)

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Re: How Many Late Airs did you have Sat. before mothers day?

I believe there was (or supposed to be) a PCM about the commit times for May 7 (may have been region/district specific):

• EAMs: normal commit time for your area.
  • 1S: commit time pushed back 90 min.
  • Shipments from 4 specific shippers (flowers/gifts): end of day (like 2S packages, at least around here).
Of course, when I asked a Sat. air OMS about it on Friday, I didn't get the impression they knew about it. And the freight was late here, so all that went out the window.
I was clean by the 'relaxed' commit time (including 1 bad zip code off my area), sent to relieve a full timer who may have been close to running out of hours. In between windshield time, it being an unfamiliar area (many one way streets, missing street signs, and some road construction/closures), and delivering the 1S first, then the flowers; it was a very long day. 1 missed business. Not too mention 1 stabbing and 1 shooting while I was in the area requiring hospitalization (probably more shootings, but I assume they don't make the news).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Re: How Many Late Airs did you have Sat. before mothers day?

I believe there was (or supposed to be) a PCM about the commit times for May 7 (may have been region/district specific):

• EAMs: normal commit time for your area.
  • 1S: commit time pushed back 90 min.
  • Shipments from 4 specific shippers (flowers/gifts): end of day (like 2S packages, at least around here).
Of course, when I asked a Sat. air OMS about it on Friday, I didn't get the impression they knew about it. And the freight was late here, so all that went out the window.
I was clean by the 'relaxed' commit time (including 1 bad zip code off my area), sent to relieve a full timer who may have been close to running out of hours. In between windshield time, it being an unfamiliar area (many one way streets, missing street signs, and some road construction/closures), and delivering the 1S first, then the flowers; it was a very long day. 1 missed business. Not too mention 1 stabbing and 1 shooting while I was in the area requiring hospitalization (probably more shootings, but I assume they don't make the news).

Where'd they send you, Robert Taylor homes? :knockedout:

robert-taylor-homes-cmp.jpg

not ready, 1, not ready, 1....and so on ;)

pensfan

I had 18 stops with one EAM that required me to go about an hour out to get to first. Then backtrack to start my route. Ended up with 200 miles and 7 hours with 0 late.

browned out

Anyone who sends flowers UPS is not very swift. These flowers sit in the UPS truck and cook in up to at least 110 degree heat. If that is not bad enough, the recipient has to put their own flower arrangement together. Real nice, dead cooked flowers and then person has to put it together themselves; very thoughtful. Call a florist direct and save money and get a much better product. These boxed flowers are usually guaranteed for a week when florist flowers can last well over 2 weeks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone who sends flowers UPS is not very swift. These flowers sit in the UPS truck and cook in up to at least 110 degree heat. If that is not bad enough, the recipient has to put their own flower arrangement together. Real nice, dead cooked flowers and then person has to put it together themselves; very thoughtful. Call a florist direct and save money and get a much better product. These boxed flowers are usually guaranteed for a week when florist flowers can last well over 2 weeks.

Your advice is sound except for the saving money part. Florists are notorious for jacking their prices up on certain holidays, including Mother's Day.

I forget who posted it but I like the idea of buying plants and spending time with Mom planting them.

DorkHead

I know this is off topic for this thread but can you believe Seve died? There are no guaranteed days ahead for any of us. Live each day like it could be your last because you never know.

I have had experience dealing with someone close that had a brain tumor similar to Seve`s. Optimism is always helpful, but there is no cure and the result is always 100% fatal. His prognosis was 6 months to 2 years top. He was gone 8 months after diagnosis. He put up a courageous fight. This is a horrible disease and I truly miss him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I also experienced a best friend's death from kidney cancer.........there is no cure yet for cancer, no matter which kind or kinds you have. I look at it as...... life is fatal for everybody....some just sooner than others. Nobody gets out alive.