How many locals have cover drivers

JL 0513

There will be no split drivers in this next contact

Incorrect.

22.4's are only hired at a certain ratio of overall driver hirings. There will always need to be a lot of cover drivers. I've chosen to stay cover my whole career so far. I have seniority over many bid drivers. Those guys chose to bid ghetto routes. I choose to cover a variety of high seniority routes.

jaker

trolling
Incorrect.

22.4's are only hired at a certain ratio of overall driver hirings. There will always need to be a lot of cover drivers. I've chosen to stay cover my whole career so far. I have seniority over many bid drivers. Those guys chose to bid ghetto routes. I choose to cover a variety of high seniority routes.
And with 22•4 and the current cover drivers there won't be any reason to add more cover drivers

They will just hire 22•4 instead

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our cover drivers are called split drivers. They are regular union drivers without their own routes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So RCPDs?
download-5.jpg

LongIslandNewbie

I am a cover driver in local 804. Full time - not my own route, as far as Seniority made book 2 and a half years ago, have 7 guys under me also all cover drivers.

Maplewood

Our proposed language sais the 22.4's in the center get first rights to any rpcd opening so here it's just lower pay and weekend work for the new guys. They go right to the bottom of rpcd list with full scale pay and no 30 day pre-senority period if they win the bid.

542thruNthru

There will be no split drivers in this next contact

I think you're getting confused by the names.

You and I have PT cover drivers and utility drivers in our area.

Their split/cover drivers are our utility drivers. They are fulltime drivers with out a route.

Most areas do not have PT cover drivers. Especially not in the way we use them.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I believe so but do you mean part time?

Here our cover drivers are full time drivers accruing full time pensions. I've been a cover driver almost my entire 15 years career so far.
I’ve been a part time cover driver working full time hours every week for four years. Not accruing a full time pension or time towards retirement and battling payroll every time they screw up my holiday and sick pay.