How many locals have cover drivers

barnyard

KTM rider
We have Temp Cover Drivers. They are used to cover PHs. Pretty sure there are 3 in my center. They work most Fridays and peak. The rest of the time they are preloaders. A bid was just hung for 2 FT cover drivers and 2 of them signed it, so once they are qualified, we will have another TCD bid hung. I was a cover driver for 15 years before I signed a bid for a route.

govols019

You smell that?
I’ve been a part time cover driver working full time hours every week for four years. Not accruing a full time pension or time towards retirement and battling payroll every time they screw up my holiday and sick pay.

I've made over $1000 this year in penalty pay because they keep screwing up my holiday pay as a cover feeder driver...it's awesome.

jaker

trolling
I think you're getting confused by the names.

You and I have PT cover drivers and utility drivers in our area.

Their split/cover drivers are our utility drivers. They are fulltime drivers with out a route.

Most areas do not have PT cover drivers. Especially not in the way we use them.
Right we have in our area and now the rest of the country will to , just saying I think those cover drivers job in any form not protected from the contract will turn into 22.4

JustDeliverIt

I’ve been a part time cover driver working full time hours every week for four years. Not accruing a full time pension or time towards retirement and battling payroll every time they screw up my holiday and sick pay.

This is what we have in our center as well. With the new language (assuming some version of it sticks in there) we'll have 3 classification of drivers. FT, PT cover and 22.4.
PT cover gets 4 hours inside pay rate for holidays and sick/rovers. 20 hours vacations checks at inside rate as well. Top out at 80% I think of FT and are on call 6 days a week.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

This is what we have in our center as well. With the new language (assuming some version of it sticks in there) we'll have 3 classification of drivers. FT, PT cover and 22.4.
PT cover gets 4 hours inside pay rate for holidays and sick/rovers. 20 hours vacations checks at inside rate as well. Top out at 80% I think of FT and are on call 6 days a week.
If we work more than 800 hours in a year we get full time pay for sick personal and vacation.

Grey

We have about 30 swing drivers in our center. Every day drivers with their own routes get texted in the morning if they want to stay home and usually take the day. I don’ t see the swingers losing hours to 22.4’s where we are but other places could be different.

Faceplanted

In the south we have full time “swing drivers”. Those are deivers who are full time but bid unassigned when bid comes around.

Than we have “cover drivers”. These guys usually work full time hours, yet are classified as part time. Part time pension contributions.

That’s why in the south... 22.4 is not that’s bad of a deal.