How Many Routes Cut Since ORION?

Overpaid Union Thug

I'd like everyone that works in a center that has ORION to chime in on how many routes their center has lost due to ORION. My center is currently being prepped for ORION. The rumor is that it's UPSs goal to cut one or two routes per center once ORION is implemented. So, lets here it. How many (if any) have you lost?

upschuck

Seems like we had about 10 per center(2 centers). Believe we had low to mid sixties, to low to mid fifties. Been a while so I could be off.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Honestly, I don't remember many routes being cut.
They cared more about cutting miles than cutting routes.
If anything, maybe it would keep a split route from going out, not established routes.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I'd like everyone that works in a center that has ORION to chime in on how many routes their center has lost due to ORION. My center is currently being prepped for ORION. The rumor is that it's UPSs goal to cut one or two routes per center once ORION is implemented. So, lets here it. How many (if any) have you lost?

If you really follow it, it wont cut any routes. It is a giant mess that only adds hours to your day.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you really follow it, it wont cut any routes. It is a giant mess that only adds hours to your day.
That has already been established and we aren't even fully on it yet. LOL! But I figured they'd cut anyway because on paper they are saving miles and therefore we (ON PAPER) should be saving time and would need more work.

oldngray

nowhere special
That has already been established and we aren't even fully on it yet. LOL! But I figured they'd cut anyway because on paper they are saving miles and therefore we (ON PAPER) should be saving time and would need more work.

Their algorithms claim routes can be cut so if things don't work it is because the drivers aren't following ORION.

upschuck

Know that I think about it, that mid 60's number was before PAS/EDD. This peak they planned about the same number in the mid 60s.

I'd like to see the accident frequency for ORION centers.
Why, no accident would be documented that Orion was a contributing factor...just that the driver failed to follow a method. "The crash was avoidable because driver failed to put on their flashers while parked in truck zone." Not because, driver had to park on opposite side of street. Load up 10-60 pound boxes on their hand truck. Wait for cross signal. Cross street to receivers door. Stop took 16.63 minutes, instead of 4 minutes. Which it would have taken if parked on the proper side next to receiver door, honked horn, and customer come out to help. Truck engine stopped at 10:13...truck struck at 10:26.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why, no accident would be documented that Orion was a contributing factor...just that the driver failed to follow a method. "The crash was avoidable because driver failed to put on their flashers while parked in truck zone." Not because, driver had to park on opposite side of street. Load up 10-60 pound boxes on their hand truck. Wait for cross signal. Cross street to receivers door. Stop took 16.63 minutes, instead of 4 minutes. Which it would have taken if parked on the proper side next to receiver door, honked horn, and customer come out to help. Truck engine stopped at 10:13...truck struck at 10:26.

I meant I'd like to know if there has been an increase in accidents in ORION centers. There has definitely been an increase in the driver paid day. If drivers in those centers are staying out of accidents then I'm sure that brings the paid day metric up even more. LOL! It sucks for those that have been bumped back into the hub/center though.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
None, our center was already effective. Example, I don't follow ORIAN, 70-90% trace, beat ORIAN miles by 5-20, Thursday I beat it by almost 40.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Honestly, I don't remember many routes being cut.
They cared more about cutting miles than cutting routes.
If anything, maybe it would keep a split route from going out, not established routes.
Yeah, I never saw any routes cut in that center as a result of Orion. They made some changes like moving pickups around and they might not put the "level routes" in as much, but I think everyone including management knows Orion flopped in that center.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yeah I don't get that. The ORION "team" members say back in driveways to save miles. Then we get messages saying "Stay out of residential driveways" LOL! I'm also getting a sense that our management team is not getting along with the ORION team.
The beauty of being given conflicting instructions is that you cant be disciplined for failure to follow them.

Plus its kind of funny to watch when they are so stupid.

Overpaid Union Thug

The beauty of being given conflicting instructions is that you cant be disciplined for failure to follow them.

Plus its kind of funny to watch when they are so stupid.

Yes Sir. I was cussing myself while driving home from work the other day because I had realized that I should have took a picture of the ODS message telling us to stay out of driveways. I'm sure our steward can ask for a copy of it but I'd rather have my own without anyone knowing. That way they wouldn't see it coming when I throw it back at them for not complying with ORION.