How many steps?

9.5er

The recent Iphone thread had someone mention that it kept up with how many steps you take each day.
My new phone (Not an Iphone) has a similar app. I averaged 31,500 steps each day last week. Showed I walked between 17 and 18 miles a day. I'm not sure how accurate this is.

How far do you think you walk each day? Any one else have this app?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The recent Iphone thread had someone mention that it kept up with how many steps you take each day.
My new phone (Not an Iphone) has a similar app. I averaged 31,500 steps each day last week. Showed I walked between 17 and 18 miles a day. I'm not sure how accurate this is.

How far do you think you walk each day? Any one else have this app?
My ipod has a pedometer...i haven't used that app in quite awhile..but a 5hr shift was about 17.5k steps i think...from my car to back out to the parking lot afterwards.

Ring Sport

I don't know if I believe 17 miles in a day. I figured mine on average distance one day per stop and figured I was around 6-7 miles a day. Not really the most accurate, but I feel it is pretty close. I do a lot of backcountry and am usually fairly close when guessing mileage to my gps.

barnyard

KTM rider
My pedometer was showing 21-26k steps per day. I wore one regularly a few years ago, the counts were always close, so I quit wearing it.

AndUPSER

I usually hit 20,000 by the time I finish preload, then add about 12,000 after preload. When I worked on the twilight sort I usually hit 30,000. Then if I double shifted I would get as high as 45,000.

AndUPSER

Screenshot_2014-10-05-12-33-50.png

Here's my highest, at least recorded, ever. Worked like 13 hours that day, preload and day sort.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

How accurate are theses? Old school pedometers would just count how many bounces figuring that was a step. While you drive I can just see that going off with out anything. I find it hard to believe one could walk 30+ miles in a day unless you are walking door to door like a mail carrier. I had counted steps on day when I was delivering a heavy apartment complex area and I had about 1700 stairs.

watdaflock?

It really depends what App you're using. The old school mechanical pedometers were not accurate at all because any sort of movement would "click" as a step. Simply put if it was strapped to your belt while driving and you felt a bump, it thought you took another step.

As for the new smart phones which use GPS technology it goes back the the software. How accurate does it tell the difference between movement from foot steps or driving.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't know how accurate those things are. Eighteen miles would convert into around four hours of just walking time alone.

aiian

I wear a Nike Fuelband everyday and average around 15k steps a day. The pedometer seems to be pretty accurate, I've tested it and it's accurate within a step or two.

Here's a screenshot of Friday's activity... 12O stops or so.