How many temps do we hire for peak?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many do we hire for December? I ask this because I see the jobs number for December is dismal to say the least, something like 70,000 jobs. Take away what we hire and it really looks poor!

upschuck

They say we hired 55,000. I can't believe the rest of the seasonal hire only accounted for 15,000 jobs. FedEx hired 20,000+ for peak. I wonder if that is permanent employment hires.

Mack Grant

Our building was hiring runners all the way through mid to late December. It was so crazy one day that one of the HR people went and picked up a helper from his house and brought them out to me for his first day at work. I mentioned that some of the helpers I worked with didn't have uniforms and she replied that corporate only allowed the center 15 uniforms initially.

reh303

How many do we hire for December? I ask this because I see the jobs number for December is dismal to say the least, something like 70,000 jobs. Take away what we hire and it really looks poor!

The employment data is seasonally adjusted, so that normal seasonal hiring is not included.

oldngray

nowhere special
He would but he can't keep up.
hEC6A172E

UPSGUY72

What happens to FT hires Feb-May? Many find 3 days of pay per week (or even less) undesirable.

PT could definitely use the boost.

If your FT your guaranteed 8 unless you agree to the day off if they lay you off you can collect or bump back inside to either one 8 hr shift or two 4 hrs shift or one 4 hour shift depending on when you where hired and where you stand in your progression and what you local rider / supplement says.

Depending on your state unemployment rules you can you could collect up to a certain amount and still work PT. I now in mass you can make up 1/3 or what your collecting and it not effect what you collecting. When I got laid off I work PT 1 4 hour shift and collected.

They still need to hire more permanent FT and PT union employee.