How many UPS employees are represented by the Teamsters?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Here goes:

238,000 (part time)

102,000 (full time)

Not official.. only an estimate...

Where are we going with this? 🤔

Integrity

Binge Poster
Here goes:

238,000 (part time)

102,000 (full time)

Not official.. only an estimate...

Where are we going with this? 🤔
With these numbers, I am just pondering with curiosity why the Part-time UPS Teamsters, with this overwhelming majority continue to allow themselves to be so marginalized, oppressed, and disrespected at UPS. My observation and experience shows that it has been this way for quite some time.

This interests me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With these numbers, I am just pondering with curiosity why the Part-time UPS Teamsters, with this overwhelming majority continue to allow themselves to be so marginalized, oppressed, and disrespected at UPS. My observation and experience shows that it has been this way for quite some time.

This interests me.
You never been a 20 year old kid? Wake up! They are more worried about partying and getting laid

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

This interests me.
Disrespected?
Oppressed?

It’s an entry level job. With guys who treat it as a transitory step between either going full time, or finding a career elsewhere.

Can you give me some examples of how being a part timer makes one oppressed and disrespected?

DELACROIX

You never been a 20 year old kid? Wake up! They are more worried about partying and getting laid

Now a days it will take more than a 15 bucks an hour part time position to get (Both).

You can call that an incentive to go (Full Time).

VOTE....:strikesmileys:

nWo

It's because current employees were never that concerned with raising the starting wage or maintaining benefits for new hires.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Now a days it will take more than a 15 bucks an hour part time position to get (Both).

You can call that an incentive to go (Full Time).

VOTE....:strikesmileys:
I know these numbers you provided are an estimate but if the estimate is close do you honestly think, based upon the overwhelming majority the Part-time employees hold, that full-time UPS Teamsters really want a 100% educated and unified Part-timer turnout for contract votes, or any votes for that matter.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I know these numbers you provided are an estimate but if the estimate is close do you honestly think, based upon the overwhelming majority the Part-time employees hold, that full-time UPS Teamsters really want a 100% educated and unified Part-timer turnout for contract votes, or any votes for that matter.
Not to worry. Youth has its advantages for older people too.

DELACROIX

As far as the part timers selling us down the tubes..no issues..

This will not go down like the last several...O’Brien will not submit it to vote unless it helps everybody.

JonDoe

Hasn't happened in the 30 plus years I've been here so I find it hard to believe that will change. Just like coolers of water or a/c in package cars.

DELACROIX

Hasn't happened in the 30 plus years I've been here so I find it hard to believe that will change. Just like coolers of water or a/c in package cars.

Hasn’t happened in my 45 plus years either...

Apathy rules the day...even among the Full timers...

Thebrownblob

Not sure, but the information is out there. Last contract there were three people in My Home voting. Myself and two part-time employees. They could not have made the voting simpler. Whether or not they understand the issues it’s just as much a personal responsibility as it is anything. We had many meetings at my local. The membership that voted overwhelmingly voted it down.