How many wear shorts all year?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wear shorts all year round. Here in South Florida it may go down to the upper 20's at best, but it's usually up around 60 by midday. We have guys here that wear pants all year round. One of our top seniority guys wears pants and you have never seen a guy sweat so much. This guy is drenched before leaving to start his route in the morning.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I used to wear shorts pretty much all year round. My general rule was that I would wear shorts until the snow would be deep enough to get in my shoes. Once my feet get cold then I am done. Now that I have a rural route I put on pants much earlier and keep them on much longer too. Driving a couple miles at a time with the door open tend to get a little chilly.

BigBrownSanta

45 degrees used to be my cutoff for shorts. I am a little older now, and the cold weather seems to affect me alot more than it used to. Nowadays, my cutoff is 55 degrees.

We have a couple of guys that wear shorts year round. One is from the northeast and says it doesn't get cold here. I don't know, but zero degrees is still cold, I don't care if you're in the north or the south.

upsdude

A couple folks here do the year round thing. I go until it's in the very low 50's. Last year the company started with another flavor of the week. No long sleeve shirts with shorts, yet another way to improve employee relations.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A couple folks here do the year round thing. I go until it's in the very low 50's. Last year the company started with another flavor of the week. No long sleeve shirts with shorts, yet another way to improve employee relations.
Ive heard that one before,and if you can believe this ,when shorts first came out,they didn''t want you to wear boots with them.....low cut shoes only!!! that didn't last!

browndevil

I wear shorts all year long. Of course, our lowest temps are rarely below 38-40 and that is only in the mornings. In winter it's usually at least 50-55 by the afternoon. Don't even own a pair of pants. I don't know how you guys do it that drive in the snow. I can't even picture how you handle the hand truck when you have 6" or more of snow?!! Do they have chains for them? JK.
Helen you sumed up California winter weather perfectly. I haven't worn pants since 1992:happy2:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I wear shorts year around regardless of the weather. There's a method to the madness. My truck is nicely heated. The offices I deliver to are far to friggen hot for my own good. The only time I'm cold is the 30 seconds or so I'm outside of the truck. 60 percent of the time, I'm either in the truck or a nice warm office.