How much can a Part-Time Sorter expect to make at 5 and 10 year intervals?

PT Car Washer

After progression you will receive the general wage increases on Aug 1st.I believe BB were her own experiences. I was assuming some double shifts and driving on Saturday at top rate. Maybe some driving during the week if that is an option in your building.

Zqxc is correct I was possibly wanting to drive someday, But I wanted to see if it was actually worth it to drive with all of the overtime you have to work or if it would just be better to stay part-time. Do the sorters top off at a certain pay or do they just keep getting raises ever year no matter what? And part-time car washer and bleedinbrown are those estimates including overtime like double shifts during the peak season or no?

"I was possibly wanting to drive someday, But I wanted to see if it was actually worth it to drive with all of the overtime you have to work or if it would just be better to stay part-time."

Are you anticipating a large inheritance or winning the lottery or something? A well paying FT job will present itself and you might not take it because there's OT? Just how do you think you'll really support yourself nowadays? Or are you just planning on getting by and counting on the government teet for the needed extras?

AGKLM

Do not think about trying to live off of the job as a part time sorter alone. You have to do some sort of driving to be able to support yourself with a job at UPS.

Last edited:

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Zqxc is correct I was possibly wanting to drive someday, But I wanted to see if it was actually worth it to drive with all of the overtime you have to work or if it would just be better to stay part-time. Do the sorters top off at a certain pay or do they just keep getting raises ever year no matter what? And part-time car washer and bleedinbrown are those estimates including overtime like double shifts during the peak season or no?
Work to live or live to work. Which one are you and you'll know if you should go driving or not.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Hi Im just curious how much I can expect to make after about 5 years and how much after about 10 years as a sorter? Thanks.

I'll have my 10th year next year PT and pulled right around $23,000 gross last year. I don't sort but still receive skilled pay (+$1h/hr). Double shifted nearly every day from November 1st on and managed to squeak in a few during the year. Otherwise, I tend to average 24-27 hours/week. I don't have enough seniority in my building to be an RTD or drive Saturday air but I have the option to work Sundays on the Day Sort for 3.5 hrs -- I usually don't.

SantaClaus1

merry christmas
Are you anticipating a large inheritance or winning the lottery or something? A well paying FT job will present itself and you might not take it because there's OT? Just how do you think you'll really support yourself nowadays? Or are you just planning on getting by and counting on the government teet for the needed extras?

Wow you really went to infinity and beyond with that one. I have a second part time job and I run my own business.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I like tail !
images-47.jpeg