How much can mgmt change a bid route?

UPSWife1

When I've had questions, I've always been able to come here. Thank you all for your help.
My husband has an outlying area bid route, lots of miles but not many stops. Over the years this route has grown and grown, his normal day has become 10 to 11 hours a day or more on occasion. He wants to file 9.5 but he's getting lots of comments, since it looks to be hard to fix.

Mgmt- " What if I decided to split your route and give another driver the easy miles?"

Mgmt - " When you're on vacation how come the younger guys can run your route faster?" ( Yes, I really loved that comment.)

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen a similar situation? How much can they change his route?

over9five

Staff member
They can change his route in any way, and as much, as they want.

You would then have to find out what happens in your part of the country. In some places, the bid driver would get to pick which part of his split route he keeps.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When I've had questions, I've always been able to come here. Thank you all for your help.
My husband has an outlying area bid route, lots of miles but not many stops. Over the years this route has grown and grown, his normal day has become 10 to 11 hours a day or more on occasion. He wants to file 9.5 but he's getting lots of comments, since it looks to be hard to fix.

Mgmt- " What if I decided to split your route and give another driver the easy miles?"

Mgmt - " When you're on vacation how come the younger guys can run your route faster?" ( Yes, I really loved that comment.)

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen a similar situation? How much can they change his route?
Hubby can't post?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Here, only if it's changed over 50% can the bid driver "follow the work", but on an extended route, what's 50%? And, is it a permanent change? They have lots of leeway. The only thing that frees you from their bs is not caring one way or the other.

The only thing that frees you from their bs is not caring one way or the other.

It's what keeps me sane. I was scheduled 17.5 hours this week worked over double that. I'm not complaining I love the money, and yeah sure I'm a part timer.. but they're running us as raw as anybody else. Workers are angry since they can only do so much, management is angry because workers can't be robots, everyone always quits.. talked to a cover driver and the dudes who's cars I load.. it is as bad as everyone says it is.

What a shame management is talking to him that way. SMFH. I was told the "younger guys do 45 minute trailers why can't you".. well, I'm methodical and don't get multiple leakers and brokens and opens. They just don't care. That 15 minutes is more important than customers belongings. Saw one leaker today take out two rollers worth of packages. But that 15 minutes..

Have him file 9.5 no matter what they say. They can go pound sand. If he's almost done in a few years just chalk it up to retirement and put it aside.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Time for hubby to man up and get on the 9.5 list

Are you going down to his bldg and hold his hand while he fills said paper out

P

pickup

Time for hubby to man up and get on the 9.5 list

Are you going down to his bldg and hold his hand while he fills said paper out

Well we know why your wife won't post about such an issue. She prefers that you stay away from the house as long as possible.

542thruNthru

When ever I see a wife on here asking these questions I always wonder if the husband is either asking for more work or making excuses to stay out late. All because he doesn't want to come home to her.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When ever I see a wife on here asking these questions I always wonder if the husband is either asking for more work or making excuses to stay out late. All because he doesn't want to come home to her.
We had a driver who ran his ass off to be off by 6 every day. Then would sit in his car for 3-4 hours in the parking lot. I always wondered what was so bad at home.

542thruNthru

My wife would never be in here asking these questions. BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! Seriously tell him to grow a pair and go right to the source and call his BA. He doesn't because he either has no balls or doesn't really care about getting home.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Remove your husbands testicles from your purse and allow him to take them to work.

Ron's balls 2.jpg

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
in my area if you change up like half the territory it has to be re-bid

that said it sounds like he's being harassed, that's not how management should be talking to their drivers

tell him to start filing 9.5 grievances and get on THE LIST