How much did you make during your first year package car driving?

AlphaMikeBravo

For all package car drivers out there that were hired full time, how much did you clear your first year driving?

How many hours on average did you get per week?

Did you drive every day or did you have to do some hours in the hub when it was slow?

I made 58k my first year. But I like to work, 52-55 hours a week. I also had my own route after two months of driving. I've been driving ever since I won the bid, no days off.

Holydriver

For all package car drivers out there that were hired full time, how much did you clear your first year driving?

How many hours on average did you get per week?

Did you drive every day or did you have to do some hours in the hub when it was slow?
are you a reg temp or will you be starting at the hefty pay of $16.10 that i started at? i made about $41k my first year working pretty much daily. i took some unpaid time off though, so who knows. i enjoy time off, not huge pay checks so much

rod

Retired 22 years
In our building, and I'm sure most places, you can tell when a driver makes top rate. New car time!!

I started full time in June of 71. Made top rate 90 days later. The first new vehicle I ever owned was in 1986. Could have something to do with why I don't owe a dime to anyone now.

scisector9

Went ft perm 3 years ago. Started at 16.10 then 17.25 after making book. First year around 45k no vacation or lay offs one day call in. If I were at new pay rate of 18.75 would have been closer to 50k I reckon.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I started full time in June of 71. Made top rate 90 days later. The first new vehicle I ever owned was in 1986. Could have something to do with why I don't owe a dime to anyone now.
I never owned a new vehicle until 2000.
I don't owe a dime to anyone either.
Similarity is a bit scary to me