How Much Does It Cost Taxpayers to Post 1,000 troops on the Border?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't know, but it is most definitely a large amount of money per day...probably millions. Plus, most Guard members have regular jobs, so Governor Perry is depriving employers of their personnel, thereby hurting businesses both large and small... and damaging our economy.

All so Governor :censored2: Goodhair can score points and further his political career. Maybe Jesus directed him to perform this political stunt.

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't know, but it is most definitely a large amount of money per day...probably millions. Plus, most Guard members have regular jobs, so Governor Perry is depriving employers of their personnel, thereby hurting businesses both large and small... and damaging our economy.

All so Governor :censored2: Goodhair can score points and further his political career. Maybe Jesus directed him to perform this political stunt.
It's not costing U.S. taxpayers a cent. National Guard troops are paid by their state. In this case, Texas will pay their salaries.

I love it when a member of the TROLL PATROL makes comments about the military.

None of them ever served their country, and their knowledge of how our military actually works is laughable at best.

oldngray

nowhere special
Texas Gov. Perry to Deploy 1,000 National Guard Troops to Border upsetting Dems who want flow of future new voters to continue

The deployment of National Guard troops, which may act in a law enforcement capacity under state authority, will cost Texas an estimated $12 million per month.

Only the state of Texas is paying, not US taxpayers. And it is a bargain for Texas compared to what it would cost to provide for more illegal immigrants.

http://thelasttradition.blogspot.in/2014/07/texas-gov-perry-to-deploy-1000-national.html

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Didn't Perry say he was going to bill the feds for the cost of this operation, and sue them if they refused to pay?
Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced his latest stunt to make himself look like tough guy on the issue of immigration with the recent influx of refugees fleeing violence in Central America, and of course, guess who he wants to pay for it?

Perry: Federal Government Should Reimburse Texas For Troop Deployment:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Monday officially announced that he will deploy about 1,000 members of the National Guard to the border, and said that he expects the federal government to reimburse the state.

The governor said during a press conference that Texas will pay for the National Guard to be at the border for now.

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said the state was seeking legal consultation regarding funding for "Operation Strong Safety." He said that the state will work with officials in Washington, D.C. on funding options.

"Texans are willing to put boots on the ground, but we expect Washington to foot the bill," he said.
Hes going to stand at the border with the National Guard troops and personally kick them dirty illegal kids out. Reminds me of Gov. George Wallace standing at the schoolhouse door blocking black children saying "Segregation forever!"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's not costing U.S. taxpayers a cent. National Guard troops are paid by their state. In this case, Texas will pay their salaries.

None of them ever served their country, and their knowledge of how our military actually works is laughable at best.

Oh, i see, so texas citizens dont pay taxes? I guess the money in the state just appears out of nowhere, eh?

Again, you missed the point. The cost of deploying troops to the border will have large costs. The cost of the lost time to the soldier, who has a regular job and signed up for one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer, not everyday at the border.

Did you miss the iraq/afghanistan war?

The national guard, who BUSH abused, came home to find they lost their jobs, their homes, their cars and in some cases, their wives or girlfriends.

To you, they are just robots who get ordered around and do what they are told despite consequences.

It all comes down to cost vs. effect. What effect will the national guard have on the border?

Central and South american children will STILL be able to cross the border and come here. The National Guard will have ZERO authority to turn them around.

Maybe in your world, you believe they can turn them away, but you better try understanding the circumstances.

TOS.

bbsam

Staff member

Why now and why only 1000? Illegal immigration through Texas has been around for decades and 1000 personnel aren't going to shut it down. This is a laughable political stunt.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Oh, i see, so texas citizens dont pay taxes? I guess the money in the state just appears out of nowhere, eh?

Again, you missed the point. The cost of deploying troops to the border will have large costs. The cost of the lost time to the soldier, who has a regular job and signed up for one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer, not everyday at the border.

Did you miss the iraq/afghanistan war?

The national guard, who BUSH abused, came home to find they lost their jobs, their homes, their cars and in some cases, their wives or girlfriends.

TOS.

Again a member of the TROLL PATROL proves that he knows NOTHING of how our military works.

First, every soldier in uniform today volunteered for the military.

Second, at every soldier/sailor first in-processing meeting, they are told that the U.S. Government owns you until your service time is completed. If you don't like that idea, you are free to leave, no questions asked. But if you stay, you must do as you are ordered to do, as long as it's lawful, for as long as you wear the uniform.
So don't give me that hardship crapola. They knew what they were potentially getting into when they signed up.
No wonder you all founded this TROLL PATROL. Vets need not apply, since knowledge our military is not required in the TROLL PATROL.

BrownArmy

But, but, but...

These kids are getting to the border and turning themselves in.

All the National Guard will be able to do is follow the law, and turn the kids over to be processed.

Unless or until the law is changed, all the National Guard will be able to do is help the Border Patrol to facilitate this process.

It will do nothing to stem the tide.

This is a ridiculous situation:

Obama (at this point) would probably love the law to be changed (even his advisers advised this), yet he won't because he'll upset some Democrats and Immigration advocates.

Republicans are beating their chests, blaming Obama for a law passed in bi-partisan fashion in a different administration.

Congress won't give him the money to deal with the situation - at this point Congress will be in session for another week or so. Think they'll pull something through before the August recess? Doubtful is an understatement.

What a mess, and both parties of the administrations of the last thirty years bear the blame. Lest we forget, the seeds of all of this were born in the drug wars of the 80's, and when we deported a whole bunch of illegal-immigrant gang-bangers right back to their home countries.

They'd never lived in Honduras, El Salvador, or wherever it was that we deported them to, they'd come to the US as children. A lot of them didn't even speak Spanish, but they were illegals, committed crimes in the US, and we deported them en masse.

Great idea, right?

Wrong.

MS-13 started in LA, and we exported it through deportation to Central America, where it flourished, and this is part of the blow-back.

Basically, everyone's making or has made the wrong decision about pretty much everything.

It's a little late for finger-pointing...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What country is Texas a part of? A lot of U.S. taxpayers are on the hook for this publicity stunt.

Nothing coincidental with this border move and Perry's acknowledgement today that he is going to run. Last time I checked, Texas was part of the USA, but maybe it shouldn't be. How about re-naming it Jesusatopia, or just The Place Where Lots of Stupid People Live?