How much does UPS driver make?

cyberdyne

Depends on what? How about on average. How much do they make? (1)new driver, (2) driver with 5 years experience, (3)10 years experience (4)20 years (5) 30 years?

cyberdyne

I want to plan my budget and finances a little ahead of time.

What I can buy and when once I become a driver myself. My goal is to buy my very first house somewhere in southern california and I would like to know if it's possible with my income as a UPS driver and when I can buy it. I need some numbers so I can make a plan and head to it as hard as I can

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg

Box Ox

I want to plan my budget and finances a little ahead of time.

What I can buy and when once I become a driver myself.

If you're not even working with UPS now, you're probably still years from being able to drive, even if you do get hired as a part timer. And interest rates/market conditions might not be nearly the same when you are able to.

And I have a strong feeling that new drivers aren't going to be paid the same as current drivers from the next contract on. ORION's here! Two tiered wage system "competitive with USPS and FedEx" that doesn't apply to anyone hired before the next effective contract date so current employees will vote for it. Don't think any more stretching of progression to top rate would work so that'd be the company's alternative.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
How much do UPS drivers make with 5 years experience? 10 years? 20 years? How about new drivers? Hourly? Salary? Commission?
Here's the current hourly pay rate progression VVV:
Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
Twelve (12) months $19.50
Twenty-four (24) months $21.00
Thirty-six (36) months $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate
I can't say how many hours/week drivers work where you are. I suggest you run the numbers using 40, 45, and 50 hours/week.

In some places, there may be a "production bonus" paid. Don't know if it is where you are; or if it is, that you can "beat the clock" to earn it.