How much heat do you guys get when you call in??

POUNDER

So how about it guys. I call in sick at most 2 times a year everytime my ds acts like its the end of the world. One time I called in and got told oh come in you will have an easy day you are getting a helper... a helper in January :censored2::censored2::censored2:. Needless to say I didn't go in. I found out later I had 210 stops that day. What a load.

bellesotico

BOXstar
This is my first day off work with an injury. They are doing back flips...one less hourly to pay while we are so light. That is until my doc clears me for work.

CFLBrown

So how about it guys. I call in sick at most 2 times a year everytime my ds acts like its the end of the world. One time I called in and got told oh come in you will have an easy day you are getting a helper... a helper in January :censored2::censored2::censored2:. Needless to say I didn't go in. I found out later I had 210 stops that day. What a load.

Could always go in and then 'get sick' in the middle of the day and they would be hurting worse. Of course you should work if you can, but not everyone can handle a full day at UPS while they under the weather.

You can always look for a few things to work against you on those days.

Over dispatched.
Have to help someone.
Some stupid split in god knows where.

One time I called in because i had food poisoning, and my sup said that only mexicans get food poisoning so get your ass in here!! I never showed and brought a doctors note. never got fired!

satellitedriver

When I called in they were concerned, since I never had in 22yrs.
My sup called me at home that night, to check, and see if I was OK.
No heat, they were very cool with it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I just tell them I am sick and that's the end of it.

BTW having kids makes fore more excuses. Just remember that kids only get certain sicknesses once.

tieguy

Banned

Its wrong for management to act like they actually need you and actually want you to come to work?:happy-very:

no one got their job threatened right? no discipline? All they did was act like they could use you?

overallowed

They know better than to say anything or even ask what's wrong. My response is "I'm sick" click.

I did that once. They turned around and called me right back, and threatened termination if I didn't show. I was so surprised, because attendance has never been a problem with me. I went in and vomited in their office. They let me go home.
If I call in sick now, they don't hassle me.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My first peak I caught a cold and worked all through peak with it (preload). The first of the year I called in sick all week. They did not say a word.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I call in sick once a year at most, so on the rare occasions when it happens they accept it graciously. I have actually had my sup suggest that I was too sick to work...she was talking to me outside the center and I had a bad cold, hawked up a big lung oyster and had to spit it out onto the pavement. I thought she was gonna hurl. The way I look at it is, if I am going to feel like crap anyway I might as well be on the clock for it.:devil3:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First you call the office to say that you are booking off, and they transfer you to what ever mgt person is on duty so you can fully explain why .
Many times I have hang up .
The rules are clear ...you call in & thats it.
When I want to return to work....I just call the office & say that I'm booking back on.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Another thing I hate about staying home sick....and I believe there is a conspiracy behind this...is that there is nothing on TV for a guy to watch. I think the women are behind it...they dont want us at home they want us working, so they called the TV networks and made sure that we have nothing but soaps, reality TV, talk shows and other crap to enjoy while we are at home on the couch. So I haul my sick ass to work and make the best of it.

K

Kapooie

I called in sick yesterday and today because i had the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:z. Why i called in the managwe got on the phone and ask whats wrong what are your symptoms i said im calling in sick. he replied see me when you get in so i can take you to the clinic to find out whats wrong with you. Does he know what HIPPO laws are? I almost want to post the ****** name!

Its wrong for management to act like they actually need you and actually want you to come to work?:happy-very:

no one got their job threatened right? no discipline? All they did was act like they could use you?
No, there's nothing wrong with management saying they need us to come in, once. But when they start threatening discipline then there is something wrong with that. It's called harassment and intimidation. That BS is bad enough when you feel well, but when you are sick it's totally uncalled for.
Now, IF a driver has a problem with too many absences that's a little different. There are steps that can be taken, and Tie YOU know what they are. In this case it's time to take matters serious and have a set down talk with appropriate parties.
Acting like they could use you is one thing, lying is something altogether different also. "Your gonna have an easy day".....uuuh with 210 stops.
Tie, sometimes management is simply wrong, it's not always the driver.

bellesotico

BOXstar
But if volume was up, you'd think you have stolen their first born.
I hope you are OK.

Oh my goodness! Isn't that the truth!

I just called to let them know I have not been "cleared for work" yet. Response was "Oh, ok well then we will see you monday morning for work then right?" Volume must be up next week...

trplnkl- I'm hanging in there. I have an appt. this morning so hopefully it will be some good news. Thank you for your concern. :)