How much is in your personal strike fund?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I come from a UAW family and know to put money back in a contract year.I doubt we will strike,but right now I have $8,000 on hand and by August 1 i expect to have $10,000 in cash.
I'm right at the top of the seniority list and no one can ever figure out why i never take days off or call in. Gotta be prepared!

Karma...

if it comes to a strike you can ask your steward to see about getting you a tempory job with a different union company for the duration of the strike

542thruNthru

Have just over 5k in my strike fund. Another 6k in my "fired" fund.

Also talked to my cousin that works for a food distributor for restaurants. He got me 4 cases of hamburgers that usually go to Black Angus. So if we go on strike there will be a nice bbq for my fellow members at least one day. :)

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I come from a UAW family and know to put money back in a contract year.I doubt we will strike,but right now I have $8,000 on hand and by August 1 i expect to have $10,000 in cash.
I'm right at the top of the seniority list and no one can ever figure out why i never take days off or call in. Gotta be prepared!
If you're at the top shouldn't you be getting 2-3 months off paid? I think the guys at my get 3 months are 25 years, 2 months after 9 years, and 1 month after two years.