How much is your pension in your Region??

david426

With the contract negotiations around the corner, I was trying to see what other regions around the country get with their Pensions
I am in the Southern Region..
25 years and out at is $2500 57 years old or older other wise $2000 a month if younger than 57.
30years and out $3000 at any age
35 years and out $3500 any age.. This is for FULL TIME years

Let me know what you folks in the other regions are getting... Thanks...

danlin

Yours looks the exact same as ours. I am in the Pacific Region I believe its called, still somewhat confused with the changes. For many years it was the Rocky Mt Region based out of Denver, that being said, our Local is Local 17 based out of Denver.
Now here is the really important part, Once we retire, provided we are 55 yrs old we get the exact same insurance coverage as we have when we are working for 50 dollars a month (100 with spouse) until medicare kicks in. I have been told we are one of the few locals with that.....

brett636

I am working off memory, but I'm pretty sure this is right

$2800 per month for 25 years of service
$3300 per month for 30 years of service
$3800 per month for 35 years of service*

*maximum allowed payout.

All of those payouts are only subject to a minimum age of 50. There is a 20 year pension payout, but I cannot remember what that figure is. I know you have to be 60 years old and have atleast 20 years with the company to recieve it, but I hear it negatively affects the insurance coverage normally granted through the pension. I just don't know exactly how.

This is under the Local 710 pension fund.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
~$57k, $4750/mo roughly is being reported by recent retirees & same Aetna EPO coverage @$50/mo. Some worked a few years past their PEER 80 but had some part time years so it probably evened out.

beentheredonethat

With the contract negotiations around the corner, I was trying to see what other regions around the country get with their Pensions
25 years and out at is $2500 57 years old or older other wise $2000 a month if younger than 57.

Good question.... But keep in mind, UPS does not set the payout rates, minimum ages etc. UPS has a contract with the union to pay x dollars\hr (up to 40) for pension. (At least in new england). Other areas I know pay a set amount per month. Include that in... If two areas get virtually the same monies from UPS, you should ask yourself why your region gets less then another. Also, you should have people include the current % funded. If one area has\had a payout of a large amount but they are only 60% funded, then probably those payouts will get reduced.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New England Local 25
All hours worked up to 40 hrs / week , are subject to pension credit .
Applies equally to friend/t & p/t .
1800 hrs is all that is needed to obtain a full years pension credit .
Min. age is 57 with 30 yrs pension credit.
At age 57 I had over 31 years pension credit = to 4100 / month.
Should I elect to keep working until age 64 , well over 5,000 / month.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Check this page out.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
New England Local 25
All hours worked up to 40 hrs / week , are subject to pension credit .
Applies equally to friend/t & p/t .
1800 hrs is all that is needed to obtain a full years pension credit .
Min. age is 57 with 30 yrs pension credit.
At age 57 I had over 31 years pension credit = to 4100 / month.
Should I elect to keep working until age 64 , well over 5,000 / month.

The NETPF doesn't look to good compared to the others. The fund has the highest min age which sucks, by the time I reach 57. I will have 35 yrs in, pushing a Walker. I sure hope they will lower the min age once the fund stabilizes and out of the red.