How much is your pension in your Region??

cino321

The NETPF doesn't look to good compared to the others. The fund has the highest min age which sucks, by the time I reach 57. I will have 35 yrs in, pushing a Walker. I sure hope they will lower the min age once the fund stabilizes and out of the red.

Yeah Right! Be happy with what you have now, you might not have anything with the way these funds are heading.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Western Conference with 34 full time years in. Peer of 80. Will leave soon with around $4700 a month. Will have to find insurance for me and my wife. That will take a big chunk out of that pension check. So if you get less but have a good health insurance with your pension it's worth its weight in gold. Don't forget you will be taxed on your pension too.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I always thought multiemployer pension plan dont get taxed. My fund, The New England fund does not cover health care also.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I always thought multiemployer pension plan dont get taxed. My fund, The New England fund does not cover health care also.

I know what it was, you get to keep your SS check. They dont deduct money from your SS check. but you do get taxed.

david426

Our Southern Region puts more $$$ into the Pension Fund than any other region, yet we our on the bottom, when it comes to the payout and Health Benefits when you retire.. We also have the most Right to Work States.. Texas, Oklahoma, Louisianna, Misssisippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.. Some of these
States are dirt poor, however they make a large part of the vote when it comes to a Contract... These are the folks who crossed the picket line in 1997.. $2000 a month for 35 years would be more than enough for them to give a vote. Again these states have a high level of uneducated people who will vote on anything, when they are making 6 times as much as everyone else in their communities in these poor states... Very sad but true.. I wish I could dedicate more of my time to this problem..

Logb17

Here in the Western Conference Pension plan its all about how many hours you have paid into it. Peer 80 means years of service plus your age has to equal 80 to retire. Ill be able to retire at 50 with well over 6k a month im guessing. I was at 1500 a month after 10 years, and that was part time. Part time and full time pay into the same plan.

The Milkman

Retired from New Jersey in 08, at 55 with 25 yrs..3700 and $50.00 month for my family medical, same as when working..Retire with 30 yrs regardless of age for the same amount

JonFrum

The NETPF doesn't look to good compared to the others. The fund has the highest min age which sucks, by the time I reach 57. I will have 35 yrs in, pushing a Walker. I sure hope they will lower the min age once the fund stabilizes and out of the red.
Many funds are using age 57 as their new minimum retirement age.

The NETTIPF will probably never stabilize and get out of the red. It has been below 50% funded for years. It's hopeless.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our Southern Region puts more $$$ into the Pension Fund than any other region, yet we our on the bottom, when it comes to the payout and Health Benefits when you retire.. We also have the most Right to Work States.. Texas, Oklahoma, Louisianna, Misssisippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.. Some of these
States are dirt poor, however they make a large part of the vote when it comes to a Contract... These are the folks who crossed the picket line in 1997.. $2000 a month for 35 years would be more than enough for them to give a vote. Again these states have a high level of uneducated people who will vote on anything, when they are making 6 times as much as everyone else in their communities in these poor states... Very sad but true.. I wish I could dedicate more of my time to this problem..

Concerning a couple of your comments about the south, and with much tact as I can possibly muster, I must say.....you are very ignorant.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Another good question would be how much will the cost of living go up by the time you can retire. May sound like a lot now but might not be squat when that time comes, but it beats not having a pension. Just be sure to pound money into a 401k and Roth IRA and you will be set.

david426

Concerning a couple of your comments about the south, and with much tact as I can possibly muster, I must say.....you are very ignorant.

Sorry, Sometimes the truth hurts.. I'm well educated and I have been around for 27 years.. I've never voted on a Supplement for the last 3 Contracts.. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...