How much longer?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Which would make sense if the DOL was properly set up. Blindly following EDD when the route can be delivered more efficiently by not doing so is counterproductive.

For those members here who do not have EDD/PAS yet, please take the time to properly set up your DOL if and when you do get it. The time invested upfront will pay huge dividends down the road. Mine is about 98% where it should be.

We had no input in the DOL. a sup went out and relooped the entire center and implemented all his changes the day EDD was implemented. Can you say DISASTER!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats exactly his point. The trace is set up assuming every address got a package. Obviously that is not the case, so it will affact trace when they do not. for instace you have streets A,B,C,D,E trace would have you run up and down each street like every address has a package. Say you only have a package on A,C,D the way you run trace may be different than it is listed in your EDD for the very reason that you do not have packages for every stop.

OK, but if A,B,C,D,and E are set up in sequential order it shouldn't matter whether you have packages for any of those streets.

The city I deliver in is fairly small and my DOL is set up so that I go from my first stop (WalMart) to my last residential street in sequential order and if I don't have to go down a particular street EDD will simply not list that street and will skip to the next street in order that I do have a package for. It is not set up for odd/even-- for the most part I do all of the stops on a particular street before going on to the next street, although there a few side streets off of the main road(s) that I have built in to my DOL at the appropriate number break(s). It is not 100% but pretty damn close.

I can see where your point may come in to play in larger cities.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you want 100%...I will give you 100%. You wont like 100%...at all....and I can gurantee that you will never ask me for 100% again. Ever.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When we went on PAS/EDD, we were told to run it by 85 percent one day. That was it. They will put a list up telling us how we do. I usually run mine about 81-85. Several of our drivers average only 30-50 per cent effective every day. I worked with the PAS team when they first came into the Center and set it up, my original trace was set up backwords by them. It just about takes an act of God to get IE to go back and fix things right. We have a new PAs Dispatch Supervisor, the Add/Cuts are insane with sticking somebody's elses commercial stops in the 8000 Section.

UPSGUY72

When do you guys think they will make us deliver EDD stop for stop? I don't think it too far away. 2 years tops? I just can't wait my self. I wont be blamed for running miles. I just want to get done. Go home

It will never happen. Anyways just move the little arrow on your DIAD next to the stop you are doing out of order and you techinally will never break trace.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I don't know about this. I was told monday to follow my EDD. As much as possible. ""Trust the EDD" I was told. I believe it is closer than you all think. IMO. They don't press about the trace. They say you follow it you will be done earlier.....? We all know that is crap. My times are always within a 1/2 hr o/u. Not that that matters to me at all. Just want to be left alone.

currahee

Everyday i get a split usually 30 to 35 stops off the guy next to me... only problem when exactly am i supposed to do them. Did i mention usually all but a couple are commercial and loaded in the 8000 section. Do you want me to follow trace or make serviceon these?

Overpaid Union Thug

Getting ANY sup to fix ANYTHING in our DOLs is like asking Congress to pass legislation in a timely manner. I too (especially recently) have been getting stuck with commercial stops in the 8000 section as well as EDD being loaded completely backwards, entire sections with the same sequence number, 7000 sections overloaded with only 10 stops in the 5000 section, junk routes set up with no rhyme or reason, four different stops PALed to RDR and nothing to RDL, and so on and so on. I would need a whole page to list all of the screw ups our center has been experiencing lately. When we first started PAS/EDD I thought that it just had a few bugs and would only get better. LOL! Its getting worse.

over9five

Staff member
One thing I remember is anytime you asked for something to be fixed, it would have to be fixed individually for each car plan. So the guy fixing your one problem had to fix it 12 times.
If he fixed it for the 45 car plan, and tomorrow they cut a route, it wouldn't be fixed for the 44 car plan. Is this still the case?