How much money can you make off sales leads?

margaritaville

I got two sales leads that ship every day for UPS and i didnt get credit for either of them. One person initially said no to my sales lead and then a week later changed their mind. But since they initially said no i didn't get credit. Which is BS since it was only a few days later they changed their mind.

The second one i cant remember if i filled out the full card or just gave the sales lead people the number and that's it. The reason i even turned in the leads in the first place is the customers were bugging me by trying to ship too much stuff. I didn't even know you could make money off sales leads at the time. I was just doing it to get them to stop bugging me..

Either way, they both ship daily from UPS now. I'm not gonna bother pursuing the situation i'm just wondering if i should be upset about it. And what do you actually make off them? Is there a breakdown anywhere?

trickpony1

Moral of the story:

Don't turn in sales leads.

We have a department known as BD (business development) that gets paid to find sales leads.

You get paid to deliver packages.

upschuck

You could actually go to your BD person and have them give you credit in your first scenario, and possibly in you second one as well. They have done that for me a couple of times.

Used to be $500 per lead, but that has changed a couple times since to who knows what.

margaritaville

Everyone makes fun of them which is why i thought u didn't actually get any money off them. And my experience with them has been bad so far. I'm not asking the question as a kiss ass. I'm just interested in a breakdown of how they actually work.

The Milkman

I got two sales leads that ship every day for UPS and i didnt get credit for either of them. One person initially said no to my sales lead and then a week later changed their mind. But since they initially said no i didn't get credit. Which is BS since it was only a few days later they changed their mind.

The second one i cant remember if i filled out the full card or just gave the sales lead people the number and that's it. The reason i even turned in the leads in the first place is the customers were bugging me by trying to ship too much stuff. I didn't even know you could make money off sales leads at the time. I was just doing it to get them to stop bugging me..

Either way, they both ship daily from UPS now. I'm not gonna bother pursuing the situation i'm just wondering if i should be upset about it. And what do you actually make off them? Is there a breakdown anywhere?

Years ago most centers had their own rep. Little by little they were spread thin throughout the bldgs. Then UPS wanted sales leads and I believe to this day that their plan was to have us make up the shorfall of reps. They gave us some sort of credit card that you earned points with sales leads.Ok, now they want you to run scratch and spend time with customers showing them how to fill out customs papers etc etc. Most of us got tired of submitting sales leads and weeks later the customers are still waiting for someone to show up to discuss their pkg needs. Then when they finally go to the customer and make contact with them and talk, you show up for a pickup the next day or so at around 4 pm just to be told by the customer that they were promised a pick-up time of 4:30? The sales leads dried up little by little after that. To me it was not worth the time and effort to try to help UPS grow when they did not back us up in this area. Again run scratch and also find time to explain to customers the complicated back then templates used as international volume was growing. I looked at this way, Don't lose the customers that you already have, and this would not be an issue

margaritaville

I was just interested in actual numbers. Ok so you get paid crap. But what is crap? 25$ 100$ 500$? I mean those are all unworthwhile amounts but i still em interested. And i dont want to ask the business guy because he is so unorganized its depressing to even talk to him.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I was just interested in actual numbers. Ok so you get paid crap. But what is crap? 25$ 100$ 500$? I mean those are all unworthwhile amounts but i still em interested. And i dont want to ask the business guy because he is so unorganized its depressing to even talk to him.
So put the info in your diad and see what happens... That's how your gonna find out.

Overpaid Union Thug

The few sales leads that have gotten any results here lately ended up the same way. We haven't seen a sales rep in our area in a very long time. They won't touch our leads unless it's a brand new high volume account.

margaritaville

The positive i got from this thread is i shouldn't feel bad i got ripped off. The negative is i got no real answers. So basically, exactly what i expected haha.