How much of UPS's income goes to hourly pay/bennies? 40% 60%?

TheDick

I ask because the 9.5 penalty pay and the gall of large groups of drivers never on 9.5 has gotten the attn of those who think its ok to peak dispatch everyday, not just Nov, Dec.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It's cheaper to pay ot than straight time.
this

an entire district may only pay 1, 2 drivers salaries worth of 9.5 grievances; OT is obviously more but still not enough to hire the amount of drivers needed to reduce it

further a lot of times the OT is the fault of local dispatching practices, not the lack of drivers overall

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why not ask drivers if they want overtime? In typical UPS fashion, they have the guy that will not care- in early, and the guy that will file- out late?...So stupid.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hearing that come from an IE guy is classic.

well drivers complain about their retarded dispatch all the time, and as ignorant as most drivers are to why, it doesn't mean they're not right

so i guess i don't get what you're trying to say; are drivers/IE wrong? or do you just think that the decision that joe-blow PDS makes in Jerkwater center at 0200 AM is somehow the fault of IE?

if so, MFW:
fnQeM71.jpg

Johney

well drivers complain about their retarded dispatch all the time, and as ignorant as most drivers are to why, it doesn't mean they're not right

so i guess i don't get what you're trying to say; are drivers/IE wrong? or do you just think that the decision that joe-blow PDS makes in Jerkwater center at 0200 AM is somehow the fault of IE?

if so, MFW:
fnQeM71.jpg
Well doesn't dispatch quota's come from IE? Stops per car for the day?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Well doesn't dispatch quota's come from IE? Stops per car for the day?

SPC is an adjustable guide; SPC doesn't tell a dispatcher to drag some driver out to the middle of nowhere for 1 stop, or have multiple drivers covering the same territory

you have a backing goal right? do you walk off a mile driveway, or roll back in neutral just to make that number? no of course you don't, you keep the number in mind, you do your job by the methods, and you trust that you'll be close enough

does your sup getting mad at you in the morning force you to go back out the next day and make bad decisions?
do you see how the same process applies to your management....?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
SPC is an adjustable guide; SPC doesn't tell a dispatcher to drag some driver out to the middle of nowhere for 1 stop, or have multiple drivers covering the same territory

you have a backing goal right? do you walk off a mile driveway, or roll back in neutral just to make that number? no of course you don't, you keep the number in mind, you do your job by the methods, and you trust that you'll be close enough

does your sup getting mad at you in the morning force you to go back out the next day and make bad decisions?
do you see how the same process applies to your management....?
Ummm yes