How much should i get paid?

bakiii

Hey everyone,

I am looking for advice and other people opinions about some stuff.

Let me begin like this.

I started working at UPS as a preloader about month and a half ago. I was doing really good. Then all of the sudden there is some guy and he comes to me asking me do i want to become a driver?
Of course i was like YESS!!

Then i asked some questions about hours, about payrate and at that moment i was told because i am an in house employee i should be payed $27 an hour , and out of the street drivers are paid $21 an hour. But here is the catch at that moment i was till not working at the UPS for a month so i didn't gain seniority. After that i went to intergrad for a week, and started working as a helper for almost 2 weeks. at preload i was paid $13.5 and when i started as helper i got paid $13 an hour. I got downgraded lol. But i went to that intergrad school and i am supposed to be a driver and i need to be paid as a driver.

I let my supervisor know about my status and situation but he still didn't fix anything. Also i was told i will be starting driving soon so i don't know what to expect in terms of my hourly wage. $21 or $27???

At this moment its been about 45 days since i started working at UPS, so i guess i gain seniority , and i am in house employee and that should be $27???

In my experience UPS is trying to take advantage of people and they are not very honest.

What would you guys recommend me to do? Talk to some union representative, bring it to the rudest HR ever or something else?

I just want to keep this job and get paid fair and correctly. I was always trying really hard but still didn't get any kind of credit or reward for that

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was always trying really hard but still didn't get any kind of credit or reward for that

EA72664E-3D9D-4C7A-B4D2-0CA24E9C3760.jpeg

There ya go you feel better now

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hey everyone,

I am looking for advice and other people opinions about some stuff.

Let me begin like this.

I started working at UPS as a preloader about month and a half ago. I was doing really good. Then all of the sudden there is some guy and he comes to me asking me do i want to become a driver?
Of course i was like YESS!!

Then i asked some questions about hours, about payrate and at that moment i was told because i am an in house employee i should be payed $27 an hour , and out of the street drivers are paid $21 an hour. But here is the catch at that moment i was till not working at the UPS for a month so i didn't gain seniority. After that i went to intergrad for a week, and started working as a helper for almost 2 weeks. at preload i was paid $13.5 and when i started as helper i got paid $13 an hour. I got downgraded lol. But i went to that intergrad school and i am supposed to be a driver and i need to be paid as a driver.

I let my supervisor know about my status and situation but he still didn't fix anything. Also i was told i will be starting driving soon so i don't know what to expect in terms of my hourly wage. $21 or $27???

At this moment its been about 45 days since i started working at UPS, so i guess i gain seniority , and i am in house employee and that should be $27???

In my experience UPS is trying to take advantage of people and they are not very honest.

What would you guys recommend me to do? Talk to some union representative, bring it to the rudest HR ever or something else?

I just want to keep this job and get paid fair and correctly. I was always trying really hard but still didn't get any kind of credit or reward for that
You are almost certainly a seasonal employee.
You are almost certainly not going to be paid the higher driver rate.
And you are absolutely not going to be paid driver rate for being a seasonal helper... Lol.

Basically, either take it, or leave it.
The contract is going to not be in your favor here.

bakiii

By the book i am a driver, i used to work at preload for about 3 weeks, then went to intergrad... but even the Supervisor said i am not getting paid correctly

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
By the book i am a driver, i used to work at preload for about 3 weeks, then went to intergrad... but even the Supervisor said i am not getting paid correctly
The supervisor doesn't have a clue.
You are getting paid helper rate, because that is how they are using you.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Here full time starts at 21 and progresses based on contract.
Season/rtd start out 27 but gets bumped down to warehouse wages if not driving.

Full time drivers keep the rate if they are working warehouse.

If jumped from seasonal to full time you keep the 27/h but get no pay progression until max pay year.

Sounds like they wanted you to be a season/rtd driver and you got screwed by it.

Yolo

On the last day you worked were you driving a package car, sitting in a jumper seat or loading a package car?