How much vacation and option time.

A.Spooner

Can someone give me a definitive answer on how much vacation time and option week time I should have? Full time driver with one year seniority, and two and a half years total at UPS. I’ve had an option week(50 hours) since the the first of the year, then I just got my vacation time the past week, as it was my one year seniority date as a driver. It showed I was scheduled to earn 90 hours vacation time on my seniority date, which it shows in the time off viewer on UPSERS; however my option week time completely disappeared from there. Hoping someone can help.

Brisket

You will be paid for it, that’s why it disappeared. You could have taken a week off and gotten paid for it .

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am pretty sure you don't get an option week until 3 years with the company? Sounds like a clerical error that they found out about and corrected?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can someone give me a definitive answer on how much vacation time and option week time I should have? Full time driver with one year seniority, and two and a half years total at UPS. I’ve had an option week(50 hours) since the the first of the year, then I just got my vacation time the past week, as it was my one year seniority date as a driver. It showed I was scheduled to earn 90 hours vacation time on my seniority date, which it shows in the time off viewer on UPSERS; however my option week time completely disappeared from there. Hoping someone can help.

The option week dropped off as you will be paid for it.

I had 270 hours of vacation time built up---this morning it shows 0----this is because I have scheduled all 6 weeks in a row preceding my 6/22 retirement date.

A.Spooner

Why would it be paid out though if I didn’t request it to be? The option week renews on 1/1/XXXX of every year, and I didn’t request it to be paid out.

The option week dropped off as you will be paid for it.

I had 270 hours of vacation time built up---this morning it shows 0----this is because I have scheduled all 6 weeks in a row preceding my 6/22 retirement date.

When I get ready to retire, I want to do the same. When I take my 6 or 7 weeks vaca before my actual retire date, do I have to come back and work "1" day or not??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you sure?
I know someone who worked the first week of 2017, then took his vacations and optionals and retired.

That's different. He most likely worked that first week in order to get his vacations and optionals for the year. I am assuming that he had a December retirement date and figured it would be worth his while to work a bit longer to make an additional $8-9K.

Htown's question was whether he would have to come back and work a day after having taken his 6 or 7 weeks vacation in a row just before his projected retirement date. My answer was nope.

trickpony1

Htown's question was whether he would have to come back and work a day after having taken his 6 or 7 weeks vacation in a row just before his projected retirement date. My answer was nope.

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the things I've seen in all my years with the company but...

Would it really, really hurt Htown to work a day or a week preferably before he takes his paid time off simply to insure the company doesn't pull any tricks?

Really?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There's a reason he worked the first week of 2017.

Yes. In order to be eligible for his 2017 vacations.

Would it really, really hurt Htown to work a day or a week preferably before he takes his paid time off simply to insure the company doesn't pull any tricks?

That's not what he asked.

He asked if he had to work 1 day before retiring after taking his 7 weeks vacation.

And the answer is no.