How much was your union initiation fee?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I never joined Union (RTW) so I really don't know.
My reports would ask me on occasion and I would tell them to check with the stewart ... that's why they get paid extra.

km3

I feel like it must be because of the turnover rate at my hub. Its insane. Easy money for teamsters

Could be the opposite; people leaving because the fee is disproportionately large compared to their measly $150 paychecks.

It's $250 here. $25 for 10 weeks.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Could be the opposite; people leaving because the fee is disproportionately large compared to their measly $150 paychecks.

It's $250 here. $25 for 10 weeks.

Yes the fee is large, but I really doubt anyone quits over a high initiation fee. Especially since new hires get a bonus, including me, and I've paid 6 weeks initiation. Im still bringing in a hair under 300 weekly because of bonus

watdaflock?

Ask your business agent if the union uses initiation fees differently than monthly fees. Seems criminal for the union to charge a part timer $500 for an "initiation" fee.

km3

Yes the fee is large, but I really doubt anyone quits over a high initiation fee. Especially since new hires get a bonus, including me, and I've paid 6 weeks initiation. Im still bringing in a hair under 300 weekly because of bonus

It doesn't help, that's for sure.

My steward told me there's a national grievance on the bonus issue, so that may not last much longer.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
It doesn't help, that's for sure.

My steward told me there's a national grievance on the bonus issue, so that may not last much longer.

Honestly if a part timer is there for reasons other than benefits, college tuition, or getting away from their wife they are doing it wrong