How old do you have to be to become a Driver?

Hello I've been working preload for about 7 months now and was curious if there is a certain age you must be in order to become a driver. I'm currently 18 years old. If anyone can help me out thanks

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hello I've been working preload for about 7 months now and was curious if there is a certain age you must be in order to become a driver. I'm currently 18 years old. If anyone can help me out thanks
It's 21 ,buy it all depends on how your seniority list looks like you could be 30 before you get a chance to drive.....just saying

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Why did you wait 7 months to ask? Didn't it ever cross your mind to ask someone at your building?

km3

It's 21 ,buy it all depends on how your seniority list looks like you could be 30 before you get a chance to drive.....just saying

My hub is the opposite. It only takes 7 months to drive. Someone that started when they were 17 or 18 could be damn near the top of the list by the time they're 21.

km3

You guys must really need people

Apparently. Lots of retirements this month alone. I think the real issue is with staffing PTers. A lot of people don't stay around long enough to go driving. I can think of two people who came here just so they could make a career out of driving for UPS. One quit ONE MONTH away from having the necessary seniority...The other was so overwhelmed by the heat, harassment, and trying to qualify that he started to vomit blood and went back to work inside PT. Took himself off-road in the middle of the day during his 30 twice to go to an ER. Self-DQ.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Apparently. Lots of retirements this month alone. I think the real issue is with staffing PTers. A lot of people don't stay around long enough to go driving. I can think of two people who came here just so they could make a career out of driving for UPS. One quit ONE MONTH away from having the necessary seniority...The other was so overwhelmed by the heat, harassment, and trying to qualify that he started to vomit blood and went back to work inside PT. Took himself off-road in the middle of the day during his 30 twice to go to an ER. Self-DQ.
It's rough out there in the summer you have to take care of yourself

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We are also a quick hire center. We need drivers like crazy. And even going to feeders is quick. You could basically get hired here to load and be driving just a few weeks later.

Are you guys growing that fast, or is the atmosphere that toxic?

AlliSeeisBrown

Are you guys growing that fast, or is the atmosphere that toxic?
The hub here is growing/expanding. That combined with horrible PT retention makes the list for needed drivers very long here. The morale in the 4 centers at the hub is actually very good from what I understand. 31 FTSP bids open 2 Air. A lot of signers, just a lot of incompetency from PTers.

Duckwithapipboy

The hub here is growing/expanding. That combined with horrible PT retention makes the list for needed drivers very long here. The morale in the 4 centers at the hub is actually very good from what I understand. 31 FTSP bids open 2 Air. A lot of signers, just a lot of incompetency from PTers.

Would be nice to have that. We have tons of people willing and ready to be PC drivers too but none that are willing to go to our satellite hub or the airport, only our Portland hub. So they sit there grumbling for years while they soak up hours in unload or sort aisle.