How old is too old?

The Admiral

Howdy folks... quick question:

How old is too old to get hired as a part time/holiday driver?

A young 61 y.o. here... should have no problem passing all of the DOT physical.

Looking to pick up some extra work for the holidays... and who knows, maybe a couple years full time.

If they will hire an older guy, pretty sure it will kick my ass for the first couple of weeks, and then I should be good.

Thanks in advance

rod

Retired 22 years
You must have a death wish. There are way better jobs to make a few bucks at Christmas than trying to rely on unreliable UPS. I'm sure you could probably do the work but dealing with all the uncertainty of will I work today or not will drive you insane. Then when they take out Union dues and you realize you've pretty much worked for nothing you will kick yourself for even considering UPS as a temporary Christmas job.

Quickdraw

Pay for union dues, uniforms and rotate paying breakfast for the full timers every day we have to have a excellent breakfast to start day.

CoolStoryBro

Howdy folks... quick question:

How old is too old to get hired as a part time/holiday driver?

A young 61 y.o. here... should have no problem passing all of the DOT physical.

Looking to pick up some extra work for the holidays... and who knows, maybe a couple years full time.

If they will hire an older guy, pretty sure it will kick my ass for the first couple of weeks, and then I should be good.

Thanks in advance

YOu could do it here. They would stick you on a bulk route. Full truck with less than 10 stops. Then a bunch of pickups. Done in less than 9 hours.

Observer

Know a 60 year old who worked on the bulk belt. Some people who are 60 certainly don't look their age. It depends how well you took care of yourself. It is also genetics. Some people never look their "chronological" age. They are indeed the lucky ones. It also helps if you grew up bailing hay.

rod

Retired 22 years
Know a 60 year old who worked on the bulk belt. Some people who are 60 certainly don't look their age. It depends how well you took care of yourself. It is also genetics. Some people never look their "chronological" age. They are indeed the lucky ones. It also helps if you grew up bailing hay.

I'm told all the time that I don't look 70. I'm hoping the people who say that mean I look "younger" than 70.