How the hell do vacations work?

SLW

I'm trying to figure it out based on my supplement (Atlantic), but my reading comprehension is trash. When November rolls around, do I just have to pick a whole week at some point in the future? Or can I select random days that add up to a week? Is there anyway to change afterwards? How do you guys usually do it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm trying to figure it out based on my supplement (Atlantic), but my reading comprehension is trash. When November rolls around, do I just have to pick a whole week at some point in the future? Or can I select random days that add up to a week? Is there anyway to change afterwards? How do you guys usually do it?
Say I have 5 weeks. And I split 1 week into single days.

in November/December I pick 4 weeks that I want off for the next year. Then I have 5 single days that I need to give a weeks notice of when I’d like to take those off.

rod

Retired 22 years
Welcome to UPS where you have to know what your plans are for the following year. We use to be able to trade weeks but apparently that don't happen anymore.

SLW

Well, when you are new.....when it is your turn to pick your vacation week. You get the week that is left.
I am new, so I only have a week. Can it be split into single days, or no?

Also, what is an "option" day and how does that work?
Can I take days w/o pay and when should I request those?

iruhnman630

Welcome to UPS where you have to know what your plans are for the following year. We use to be able to trade weeks but apparently that don't happen anymore.
And rightfully so.

We used to have high-seniority drivers take the prime summer weeks then sell them to lower seniority drivers.

BS for those in between.

The only way trades should be allowed is if they are done openly so the middle seniority drivers have the opportunity to take that week before lower seniority

Why....or does "always" mean since we were forced in on the Day After Thanksgiving???
Since they started forcing all air drivers to work the Friday after Thanksgiving at straight time. Always a disorganized disaster with delivering NDA at 5:00 PM while fighting the Holiday shoppers. Take vacation and still get paid double time for the day.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
In the Atlantic you need to have 4 weeks vacation before you can use a vacation week daily (15 years). We do get 5 sick and 5 option days per year.

What is an option day and an option week? How do those work?
Ask for an optional day off and it gets denied over and over. Call in sick any time you want a day off and collect your optional day pay in May as an extra paycheck. Optional week is just an extra week off with pay. Picked along with your regular vacation weeks.