How to bump lower seniority drivers.

A.Spooner

I see in various different areas of the country that higher seniority drivers bump lower seniority drivers, meaning they can say I’m running this route today. I hear, and see this, but is there anywhere in the contract that states you’re able to do this daily to a driver with less seniority? I’m in the Central. We have 85 RPCD drivers in our center and about 50-60 have their own routes. The rest are junk routes. I’m in the mid range seniority wise. The drivers with two years or less know like two routes and 22.4’s are running full routes I’d rather do myself. Can I bump anyone/everyone beneath me, if so can you provide something in the contract to back it up. Sick of running the :censored2: routes while new drivers and 22.4’s get easy routes.

barnyard

KTM rider
All you do is say that you are using your seniority to bump. When a boss says something, say, "I am using my seniority to do a route I would like to do, that guy can do this one and follow Orion, just like I would."

Look in your contract book under "seniority."

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Here in my area in the Central they tell us that the only time a bump can occur is when a bid-route driver’s route is cut out. They can then bump a lower seniority driver. Idk if it’s based on past practice or what but I used to get pretty animated with management in this scenario and that’s what our stewards have told me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here in my area in the Central they tell us that the only time a bump can occur is when a bid-route driver’s route is cut out. They can then bump a lower seniority driver. Idk if it’s based on past practice or what but I used to get pretty animated with management in this scenario and that’s what our stewards have told me.
He can bump the lowest seniority driver. He can't pick any route just because he likes it to bump.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
He can bump the lowest seniority driver. He can't pick any route just because he likes it to bump.
Yes...that’s what I said, but only when his bid-route is cut here in the Central. OP does not have a bid-route therefore cannot bump anyone. You have to WAD. Based off past practice.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes...that’s what I said, but only when his bid-route is cut here in the Central. OP does not have a bid-route therefore cannot bump anyone. You have to WAD. Based off past practice.
Not exactly. If he has more seniority he can bump a lower cover driver. And run whatever route that guy was going to do.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I see in various different areas of the country that higher seniority drivers bump lower seniority drivers, meaning they can say I’m running this route today. I hear, and see this, but is there anywhere in the contract that states you’re able to do this daily to a driver with less seniority? I’m in the Central. We have 85 RPCD drivers in our center and about 50-60 have their own routes. The rest are junk routes. I’m in the mid range seniority wise. The drivers with two years or less know like two routes and 22.4’s are running full routes I’d rather do myself. Can I bump anyone/everyone beneath me, if so can you provide something in the contract to back it up. Sick of running the * routes while new drivers and 22.4’s get easy routes.

E10D6249-EC85-477D-9A82-D00A4E853ACA.gif

Try this

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
“Seniority will be taken into account when assigning routes”

Honestly I’m not sure if that’s local language or central language but if you see that language anywhere in your contract that’s what you want to use.