How to fight a rollaway accident

I got into a roll away accident with an electric truck double parked on a hill due to the truck's emergency brake failure. When I stepped out of the truck and ran across the street to do a pick-up, the trucked started to roll down the hill. When I got suspended, they did an investigation on the truck thru a third party. The third party truck investigator reports came back that emergency brakes was fine and the report said the emergency brakes is fine when the truck is parked on a hill. My manager also did a test of the emergency brakes and he said the brakes held up on a hill. Now my manager said that i should of turned my wheels, which I didn't know i was supposed to curb the wheels even if I double parked. This will be my 3rd warning letter and I don't want to lose my job because of the faulty truck caused the 3rd letter. Please help me on what should I do.

Purplepackage

I got into a roll away accident with an electric truck double parked on a hill due to the truck's emergency brake failure. When I stepped out of the truck and ran across the street to do a pick-up, the trucked started to roll down the hill. When I got suspended, they did an investigation on the truck thru a third party. The third party truck investigator reports came back that emergency brakes was fine and the report said the emergency brakes is fine when the truck is parked on a hill. My manager also did a test of the emergency brakes and he said the brakes held up on a hill. Now my manager said that i should of turned my wheels, which I didn't know i was supposed to curb the wheels even if I double parked. This will be my 3rd warning letter and I don't want to lose my job because of the faulty truck caused the 3rd letter. Please help me on what should I do.

Lol a warning letter for a roll away? Yeah that's termination they don't even need to give you a warning letter.

Also maybe you shouldn't have done whatever you did to get the past 2 letters

That right there might help you win your GFT. Because obviously they thought it was important enough to provide training to SOME couriers. Why didn't you get it?

the truck was given to me because they pulled all certain diesel trucks because of the greenhouse e-mission laws and that electric truck belong to a driver in my loop that transfered. so my manager assigned it to me with no proper training. another courier had to give me the quick 5 min training

oldngray

nowhere special
You should at least been trained enough to know you should turn your wheels into the curb on a hill (true for all types of vehicles, not just electric).

MAKAVELI

yup. i met up with him and asked him to do some tests with the truck and the ebrakes didnt hold up

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/how-to-fight-a-rollaway-accident.368377/#ixzz3zzGfW3hE
You're not going to win this one. I've never heard of a termination due to a rollaway being overturned. I guess it doesn't hurt to try a GFT if you really want to keep your job. Just don't get your hopes up. The best thing for you to do otherwise is take that video to a good attorney and fight for unemployment benefits.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're not going to win this one. I've never heard of a termination due to a rollaway being overturned. I guess it doesn't hurt to try a GFT if you really want to keep your job. Just don't get your hopes up. The best thing for you to do otherwise is take that video to a good attorney and fight for unemployment benefits.
Sounds like he got terminated for getting a third letter. Not for a runaway vehicle. Seems to me as if that isn't quite the same thing.

the truck has a to have a mechanical failure due to the ebrakes not holding the truck parked on a hill. its a new truck also so it shouldnt have happened at all