How to get a lower stop count?

UrFellowUpser

I've stop the runner gunner tactics I've been doing on routes months ago. I've slowed way down I've started following the posted speed limits on all roads and highways and been focusing on every method and been taking my time while taking my full hr lunch plus my 10 minute break. Is this they way to lower the stop count and have a sane dispatch? On a route i was covering last week i was doing 10 stops an hr on some country route while the driver was on vacation. I noticed i was getting about 83 to 90 stops on that route. Im hoping i aint blow the numbers up on it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've stop the runner gunner tactics I've been doing on routes months ago. I've slowed way down I've started following the posted speed limits on all roads and highways and been focusing on every method and been taking my time while taking my full hr lunch plus my 10 minute break. Is this they way to lower the stop count and have a sane dispatch? On a route i was covering last week i was doing 10 stops an hr on some country route while the driver was on vacation. I noticed i was getting about 83 to 90 stops on that route. Im hoping i aint blow the numbers up on it.
The only way to get a lower stop count on a rural route is to get on the 9.5 list so they have to add a route. Otherwise they don't care how much work you have or how slow you go because it's cheaper to work you 14 hours than it is to send another route out that direction.

IESucks

9.5 list

Give your PDS three of these every Friday.

C818B0F4-7021-4E67-A46F-3C4BE4165AB1.jpeg

Space8323

Work safer, take your break, go door to door at apartment complex’s. Stop and check for misloads at 12 daily, check every package, shipping and PAL. Then go feeders when you have the seniority so you can sit in A/C all day.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
9.5 list put the anchor out and move with a sense that you really dont care how long it takes. Take break during bussiness deliveries so you have to break off and go back after metro. Pretty much sabotage your day and they will start to notice. They will come to you with numbers ignore them. They will try and follow you stay true to the methods. In the end you will prevail if you do everything by the book.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Dont ever try to make up time on a route and Never ever by any means ever try to make up time on the road.

Once you fall behind. Oh well.

WTFm8

Work safer, take your break, go door to door at apartment complex’s. Stop and check for misloads at 12 daily, check every package, shipping and PAL. Then go feeders when you have the seniority so you can sit in A/C all day.

Idk, my ORS said we don't get alotted time to re-sort our packages by PAL when we're required to check for missloads by 1pm... just leave em where they are. LOL

Cause following Orion isn't bad enough... you're expected to find packages out of order also!!!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If it's cloudy, use dr bags. You don't know when the customer will be home. Follow posted speed limits all day every day. Don't ever call pickups. Don't work off the clock, ever. Take lunch at lunch time...not after work. Fill out info notices completely. Basically do the job as it's supposed to be done in spite of mgmt giving the wink wink to cut corners. Screw their numbers. Get on the 9.5 list.
It takes discipline but you can do it by the book. I've been doing it for years. 65 stops is a heavy day for me.
Be prepared, coworkers will become jealous of you and your stop count. Just laugh at them while they are taking all 15 minutes of their hour lunch after work in the restroom.
PS..follow Orion.

vvv

If it's cloudy, use dr bags. You don't know when the customer will be home. Follow posted speed limits all day every day. Don't ever call pickups. Don't work off the clock, ever. Take lunch at lunch time...not after work. Fill out info notices completely. Basically do the job as it's supposed to be done in spite of mgmt giving the wink wink to cut corners. Screw their numbers. Get on the 9.5 list.
It takes discipline but you can do it by the book. I've been doing it for years. 65 stops is a heavy day for me.
Be prepared, coworkers will become jealous of you and your stop count. Just laugh at them while they are taking all 15 minutes of their hour lunch after work in the restroom.
PS..follow Orion.

Solid points and ideas, however...why only DR bags if it's cloudy out?

When I was having 3 day rides my sup would say "(Driver), why the hell are you using DR bags...it's 80 degrees and sunny?"

And I would simply say, "Did you call EVERY single one of my customers before we left to find out who is and who isn't on vacation?"

Sup..."uh no".

"Me neither, so I have no clue how long these will be sitting here".

BAG EM' :)

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Solid points and ideas, however...why only DR bags if it's cloudy out?

When I was having 3 day rides my sup would say "(Driver), why the hell are you using DR bags...it's 80 degrees and sunny?"

And I would simply say, "Did you call EVERY single one of my customers before we left to find out who is and who isn't on vacation?"

Sup..."uh no".

"Me neither, so I have no clue how long these will be sitting here".

BAG EM' :)
Good point.