How to keep the bulk trucks from hurting the numbers?

UPSviking

I've never seen us use lead drivers. You're either a sup or you're not. There is usually no I guess about it.

10 stops on a bulk car? split them out between 10 routes. set it up so each driver dumps the extra bulk stop first.

Thats what we are trying to do now, but you got to remember that we dont have anywhere near the route density that you guys in the states have.

tieguy

Banned
Splitting 10 bulk stops off onto 10 routes? Nice theory from behind a desk, but in the real world you might not be able to force the extra volume to contain, especially if the routes are already being crammed into the undersized 30 yr old pieces of crap that UPS tries to pass off as delivery vehicles.

I know that and I don't think its a behind the desk answer. If you want to get rid of a bulk car thats the only solution unless you're lucky enough to dump it on a feeder.

I can't imagine they fill scandanavian cars like they do american ones but then they probably run those small coffin carriers.

As far as holding IE "accountable"...IE never has and never will be accountable for anything. They are little more than absentee landlords who will never have to actually live in the ghettos they have created.

We could probably agree on many of the limitations of IE but yes you can make sure they have everything accounted for in the plan. Thats not to say someone from Corporate won't change the plan.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
I would bid on the bulk run, then your numbers become everyone else problem. Then you just do the 10 stops a day and go home, everyone else picks up the extra stops. Who is the fool now!! :happy-very: