How to make sure I am Paid.

I like to get right to it. I have searched around the Cafe and tried to find a person with a similar question as myself. Alright, so i became fed up with the bank's fees. So on Saturday August 27 2016 I cancelled the account. Then i remembers freak my direct deposit goes into that account. Because it was on the weekend, I would not be able to speak with the person who handles payroll at the hub. So on Monday August 29 I spoke with the person and was informed look for a paper check. I thought to myself how would the system know to cut me a paper check. So today August 30 feeling uneasy about the answer I went to the searching this site looking for an answer. I have seen similar issue but not like mine. So my question is WILL I GET a paper check on Thursday?

Also, I have been to the UPSERS and deleted my account from the direct deposit system, and this was done this morning August 30.

Thank You

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I like to get right to it. I have searched around the Cafe and tried to find a person with a similar question as myself. Alright, so i became fed up with the bank's fees. So on Saturday August 27 2016 I cancelled the account. Then i remembers freak my direct deposit goes into that account. Because it was on the weekend, I would not be able to speak with the person who handles payroll at the hub. So on Monday August 29 I spoke with the person and was informed look for a paper check. I thought to myself how would the system know to cut me a paper check. So today August 30 feeling uneasy about the answer I went to the searching this site looking for an answer. I have seen similar issue but not like mine. So my question is WILL I GET a paper check on Thursday?

Also, I have been to the UPSERS and deleted my account from the direct deposit system, and this was done this morning August 30.

Thank You
yes..u will ...for sure..while I was switching banks I did the same thing....u gave it a whole week which is enough time for them to realize

dudebro

Payroll finalizes on Monday and paper checks are printed Tuesday. One day flight time and the checks are usually in your district finance on Wed, these go via UPS movements to all the hubs and centers, and are usually in place by Thurs / Fri.
Since you spoke with the person on Monday, they should have been able to cut you a check on Tues, assuming they did everything right. There's really no way to know if that happened, other than following up with your finance dept if they work in your building.
Some operations issue debit cards with your paycheck preloaded, I guess yours isn't one of those.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank You

You will receive paper checks until you either set up a new account or opt to have your pay put on to the ADP card.

watdaflock?

I'm guessing the direct deposit goes to your old closed account this week, next week you get a paper check and the following week your direct deposit goes to your new bank.

Even though your old account is cancelled, the ACH may still go into it electronically, then the bank will reopen it.