How to Properly Leave Union?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by PickoffPouches, Oct 1, 2018.

1. PickoffPouches

PickoffPouches New Member

I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

So you want a union job but not be in the union. Unless you are in a RTW state, you ain't going nowhere scab.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  3. Been In Brown Too Long

Been In Brown Too Long Ex-Package Donkey

I'll get the ball rolling for you. When you're at work, look for the door. Walk through it. Don't go back ever. Done.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. PickoffPouches

Legally you cant be forced to be in a union in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues..... scab

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. PickoffPouches

Legally you cant be forced to be in a union as part of terms of employment in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues. You guys will still get your money from me, dont worry

6. Been In Brown Too Long

It's not about the money, it's about your attitude. You don't want a union job, don't apply/take a union job in the first place.

Also...Don't call someone willing to pay and participate in the union a scab. You are the scab, one who obviously doesn't know what a scab is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. PickoffPouches

It's not a union job unless you choose to be in the union, and make it a union job.... Its just a part-time job to some people

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Been In Brown Too Long

A part time union job. Spin it however you want. Part time/full time has no bearing on union participation. It is a union contract.

9. PickoffPouches

Im not going to be receiving any benefits from the union. They kick in after a year, and i wont be at UPS for a year... It doesnt make any sense for me to pay into something that will not benefit me. If it were your money, you would practically try and save every cent you could, or you're either a fool or a liar. Scabs

10. PickoffPouches

and legally you cant be required to be in a union as part of terms of employment. Put your blinders on however you see fit

11. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

Why in the effff would you get a job at ups then?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. PickoffPouches

Tuition assistance for 1 semester

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

@Gumby this is one of your fellow PA boys.

14. sandwich

giphy (5).gif

15. Not my boy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. scooby0048

It's actually called an agency fee...

Legally,you cannot be required but you will have to pay the agency fee. So thank you for being a scab and still paying agency fees to keep your job.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. sandwich

giphy (8).gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. PickoffPouches

took you a while to google that. a couple bucks a month will be worth that $2500 tuiton reimbursement check

19. scooby0048

Nope, took me a while to finish eating but good try.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. PickoffPouches

a couple dollars a month will be well worth that $2500 tuition reimbursement check.