How to tell what version of Package Trucks?

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

So, how exactly can you tell what version of the Package Truck you are driving? I've heard there are different types like the P100, P600, etc....

Is there a tag somewhere on the truck that can I.D them? I'm really curious to know the different model numbers for the trucks we drive in our center.

s-l1600.jpg

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
So, how exactly can you tell what version of the Package Truck you are driving? I've heard there are different types like the P100, P600, etc....

Is there a tag somewhere on the truck that can I.D them? I'm really curious to know the different model numbers for the trucks we drive in our center.

View attachment 326305
I don’t think I would fit in that one. Looks a little bigger than 3 inches.

specter208

View attachment 326305
This truck by it’s number 140813 would be a Freightliner P1000 with a Mercedes-Benz 4.3 I4 Turbo-Diesel and Allison automatic.

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 326305
If you cut that truck in half it would be like a P-700. Anything bigger holds too much work.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Placard inside your truck behind the driver seat on the bulk wall. Generally the truck type/size is there. Ironically every truck is called 5 cube, 6 cube....etc. except the P10, we call that a 1000.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Placard inside your truck behind the driver seat on the bulk wall. Generally the truck type/size is there. Ironically every truck is called 5 cube, 6 cube....etc. except the P10, we call that a 1000.
Well, back in the day we called em 500s, 600s, 800s and 1000s. In my very early days, we still had 400s too. And the truck numbers would give it away. 5xxxxx, 6xxxxx, etc...

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Well, back in the day we called em 500s, 600s, 800s and 1000s. In my very early days, we still had 400s too. And the truck numbers would give it away. 5xxxxx, 6xxxxx, etc...
That’s still how they call em where I am. I have driven them all except the 1200s. When I preloaded those 1200s it felt like a castle in there.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
700s seem to be the new 800s and we just got a new 1300 which technically is as long as the older diesel 1200s except its taller and has one of those useless spinny things on the roof.

rod

Retired 22 years
In the 70's we had some Ford Econolines that were classified as either a P-100 or P-200 depending on if it had a bubble top on it.