How was your Friday after Thanksgiving?

upschuck

Funny thing about today is that people in the building think that since the calendar next black Friday is not marked as a holiday that we won't get holiday pay. They think the calendar trumps the contract. These are not newbies either.

S

selfcancelsignal

About 15 extra stops & only had to stop at 6 of my 28 pickups. Area didn't extend out as far as I thought it might. Our start time was 45 mins. later than normal. Tack on another half hour 'cause air was late, & a lot of us still got done at the normal time or a tad to a lot later. To answer Dave's question, yes, I'm sure it helped, but Monday & the next 4 weeks will blow. Most of January will blow too. The hour & a half relaxed air time was a nice touch.

OPTION3

Called In today......holiday pay....and received grievance check for 600 bucks for pay shortage+ penalty pay (via UPS)--THANK YOU Teamsters!!.....spent the day with family...GOOD Day!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Do any of you feel that it was a smart business decision to work today?

Do any of you feel that what was delivered today will make any difference on Monday?
I brought back over 100 pieces but I got over half of what was onboard delivered. I initially thought it was a total waste of money but then they said we ran 51 cars today and are running 64 on Monday, so apparently we have a lot in the pipeline heading our way this weekend so it was probably a good idea to get off what we could today. We usually run about 44-46 cars on Mondays during the year.